Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
something about being their house and their rules come into play.

mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My parents got me a 180G setup as it keeps me from playing with fire:P.

AMDPhenomX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
You should just start putting unsightly things on top of the stand, like your dirty laundry or other undesireable things for viewing pleasure. Then, when they complain, just mutter how a tank would be much more appeasing to the eye LOL. They will come around and understand though dont worry. I came back from college and my parents hit the fan after the first week when they saw the humidity increase in the house, but they remain supportive of my addiction.
beglely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sorry to hear that. As a mom I have to say that you really need to listen to your parents

Do what you're supposed to do, be respectful and don't get rid of your stuff just yet. Store it somewhere. Wait a couple of months and maturally present to them the idea of the fish tank.

Did they give you any reasons why you can't put the fish in there? Was it the cost of the electricity to run the filters maybe?
FaerieWhings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
You need to understand their reasons to have any hope of changing the situation.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular
Before I got my new pets,my parents told me that they will buy me a big and fancy tank for my birthday. My dad told me that it can't be in my room because of various reasons so we decided on a good spot for it in the living room but now Oak and Blossom (my new pet birds (budgies) that I always wanted) are settled in that spot. Plus, I would want a bigger bird ( sulphur crested cockatoo, any bird twice or more the size of a budgie, also twice the money) than an aquarium. My parents prefer my aquarium hobby better because theres no mess and birds talk all the time so I told my dad that I like petting my pets (we have a cat, aquarium and budgies) and then he told my that you don't have to touch, you can just enjoy and watch. That does not apply to me. Anyways, sorry about your situation. No offense, but I think that your parents are right. If you setup the tank now and move in a year you're going to have a tough time moving your aquarium into your new house. It will also stress the fish. Again, no offense.

Show your support for this site, vote NOW!
Barnature is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com