Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I seriously can't believe this.

I bought pretty much everything (hardware wise) that I need to set up a 75G tank. At this point all I need is the tank itself. I asked my parents and NOW all of a sudden I'm not allowed to spend money on fish or anything. GAH! I spend a ton of money on stuff to make it work and now I won't be able to use any of it till I get my own place. This sucks . They could have ATLEAST said not to buy the stand and the equipment!! Last time they said no it wasn't serious, but this time it is.

So, until I buy a car (because that's what they want me to do instead) I will have to make room in my closet for the equipment I bought and sell the stand at a garage sale or something.

(Sorry if this is a random rant xD. None of my friends care about my fishy woes.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Parents are humans (sort of) too and have their mood swings. I wouldn't rush to sell anything. Let it sit and fester and maybe their minds will change

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I have a feeling they won't enjoy looking at the stand sitting there... Only one thing to do, buy a tank!

oh well...

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

give your parents sometime and maybe they willcome around maybe they are just trying to look out for your future and are figuring that you will use a car a lot more than you will a tank.

Good Luck
Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

I'd hang on to the stuff. Make the stand a microwave stand or a nightstand. I'd give it some time like the others said and maybe they'll come around.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well how old are you? Old enough to drive. So just have a little patience. You've got your whole life to get upset over more important things.

I've been saving money for a house ever since I was 18 (I'm 23) and so have had to be patient. All I have is a 3 gallon, it sucks but I'll get what I want with......patience.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Dude fill it up and say to them you don't like it empty it

and then laugh in a evil laugh maaaaahhhhhhhhh

okay probably not a good idea but hopefully it made you smile

Old 07-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dont worry. I am still somewhat young and at home still and my parents said the same thing. But i have always owned small fish tanks sitting im my room which it seems you always have. They wanted me to also save for a car. So I did what they told me and eventually they came around and let me get my dream tank. A 90 gallon corner bowfront tank. They allowed me to do this with a compromise. I have to downsize on the tanks in my room but it is worth it. Parents can be weird some times. Besides, like everyone else said, don't get rid of anything. Just turn the stand of the tank into a night stand or something. Because 1 of 2 things is gonna happen.#1-Your parents will come around and tell you that if you are responsible they will let you set it up.#2-They will not let you and you will have a OMEGA long night stand until they let you or until you move out.Never give up and never surrender.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

And never be too dogmatic either
Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

i feel for you. i somehow managed to get a 64 gallon but my mom hates "the mess it makes" lol why cant they see it our way?

Tags
rio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com