Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
I should've left it ALONE!

Anyone else get into their tanks thinking "I know exactly what I'm going to do!" Then after a couple hours and a few soaking wet towels later you sit back, look at it and think .. Why didn't I just leave it alone!!? I've made one heck of a mess in my 80gal and now I have NO idea how I'm going to fix it. My poor fish are going insane! My 9year old son even said "MOM WHAT DID YOU DO!!?" I haven't a clue how I had all the stuff in there that I did, can't seem to figure out how to get it all back in right either. So I'm sitting here looking at the mess I made wondering how I'm going to fix it. Lol!
I'm about ready to shut the lights off and pretend its not there lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-162414569.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	157555  
__________________

__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
Anyone else get into their tanks thinking "I know exactly what I'm going to do!" Then after a couple hours and a few soaking wet towels later you sit back, look at it and think .. Why didn't I just leave it alone!!? I've made one heck of a mess in my 80gal and now I have NO idea how I'm going to fix it. My poor fish are going insane! My 9year old son even said "MOM WHAT DID YOU DO!!?" I haven't a clue how I had all the stuff in there that I did, can't seem to figure out how to get it all back in right either. So I'm sitting here looking at the mess I made wondering how I'm going to fix it. Lol!
I'm about ready to shut the lights off and pretend its not there lol!
Haha just ask a few of us around here!! Not meaning to laugh AT you by the way. I re scaped my tank probably 20 times. It happens. It's good for you and the fish! Change things up. If you can't fit everything then don't!! Save it for the next time

You'll be fine!! Sit back take a deep breathe and relax!!
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
I've been sitting here staring at it for (what feels like) an hour. I put the boy (my son) to bed cause he was just adding to my frustration. Mean mommy I know lol! I look at the tank and it seems like I have two separate tanks in one. There's no flow the half rock half sand substrate isn't helping matters either.
__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
I honestly feel your pain. Sometimes you gotta walk away and pick up tomorrow. I have to ask and sorry if it strikes a nerve but were friends right?!

What's with the half n half substrate?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jcolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 3,470
Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
I've been sitting here staring at it for (what feels like) an hour. I put the boy (my son) to bed cause he was just adding to my frustration. Mean mommy I know lol! I look at the tank and it seems like I have two separate tanks in one. There's no flow the half rock half sand substrate isn't helping matters either.
I look at the tank and can see some good things. I think a good night's sleep will help to clear your mind and give you some inspiration.
__________________
75g Planted Barbs Denison, BlackRuby, Tiger, Albino Tiger, Green Tiger, Cherry, Gold, Checkered, Odessa.
NonBarbs Cardinal, Neon, RummyNose, Bloodfin Tetras, Z. Danios. 1RTS. Amano, Bamboo, Ghost & RCS. 20g Long Shrimp Tank RCS, Tiger, Amano.
jcolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
I honestly feel your pain. Sometimes you gotta walk away and pick up tomorrow. I have to ask and sorry if it strikes a nerve but were friends right?!

What's with the half n half substrate?
LOL!! K funny story.. This tank started out being my sons tank. He begged and begged for months to his daddy to get one. So..the half and half is because when we were setting it up he wanted gravel and I wanted sand so out of his mouth " we co-operized!! " I know that's not a word but he was sweet and met me in the middle. What choice did I have after that??
&& of course were friends!!
__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post

I look at the tank and can see some good things. I think a good night's sleep will help to clear your mind and give you some inspiration.
You're being kind! Thank you! I'm still messing with the darn thing..I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I get it right. I'll be up there wide awake laying in bed thinking .. I should move that plant here and the stone there..lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-127479841.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	157564  
__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Well this pic is better! You got rid of that HUGE fake green plant in the front middle I see
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
Lmao! That was there out of frustration lol! I didn't even dig the thing down. These plastic plants are crud! They're stained they're so old. If I didn't have such a tight budget I'd be VERY tempted to try real ones! I know Trooper (my discus) would love real ones!
__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mlani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,153
I give up!! I'm going to take some great advice and go to bed. Hopefully something will come to me in my dreams.. On a good note my 65 is finally starting to clear up nicely. At least I think it is.
Yes I turned my bubblers back on. Lol! Power head is still off though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2874390146.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	157570  
__________________

__________________
Mlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.