Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I should've left it ALONE!

Anyone else get into their tanks thinking "I know exactly what I'm going to do!" Then after a couple hours and a few soaking wet towels later you sit back, look at it and think .. Why didn't I just leave it alone!!? I've made one heck of a mess in my 80gal and now I have NO idea how I'm going to fix it. My poor fish are going insane! My 9year old son even said "MOM WHAT DID YOU DO!!?" I haven't a clue how I had all the stuff in there that I did, can't seem to figure out how to get it all back in right either. So I'm sitting here looking at the mess I made wondering how I'm going to fix it. Lol!
I'm about ready to shut the lights off and pretend its not there lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-162414569.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	157555  

Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
Anyone else get into their tanks thinking "I know exactly what I'm going to do!" Then after a couple hours and a few soaking wet towels later you sit back, look at it and think .. Why didn't I just leave it alone!!? I've made one heck of a mess in my 80gal and now I have NO idea how I'm going to fix it. My poor fish are going insane! My 9year old son even said "MOM WHAT DID YOU DO!!?" I haven't a clue how I had all the stuff in there that I did, can't seem to figure out how to get it all back in right either. So I'm sitting here looking at the mess I made wondering how I'm going to fix it. Lol!
I'm about ready to shut the lights off and pretend its not there lol!
Haha just ask a few of us around here!! Not meaning to laugh AT you by the way. I re scaped my tank probably 20 times. It happens. It's good for you and the fish! Change things up. If you can't fit everything then don't!! Save it for the next time

You'll be fine!! Sit back take a deep breathe and relax!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been sitting here staring at it for (what feels like) an hour. I put the boy (my son) to bed cause he was just adding to my frustration. Mean mommy I know lol! I look at the tank and it seems like I have two separate tanks in one. There's no flow the half rock half sand substrate isn't helping matters either.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I honestly feel your pain. Sometimes you gotta walk away and pick up tomorrow. I have to ask and sorry if it strikes a nerve but were friends right?!

What's with the half n half substrate?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
I've been sitting here staring at it for (what feels like) an hour. I put the boy (my son) to bed cause he was just adding to my frustration. Mean mommy I know lol! I look at the tank and it seems like I have two separate tanks in one. There's no flow the half rock half sand substrate isn't helping matters either.
I look at the tank and can see some good things. I think a good night's sleep will help to clear your mind and give you some inspiration.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
I honestly feel your pain. Sometimes you gotta walk away and pick up tomorrow. I have to ask and sorry if it strikes a nerve but were friends right?!

What's with the half n half substrate?
LOL!! K funny story.. This tank started out being my sons tank. He begged and begged for months to his daddy to get one. So..the half and half is because when we were setting it up he wanted gravel and I wanted sand so out of his mouth " we co-operized!! " I know that's not a word but he was sweet and met me in the middle. What choice did I have after that??
&& of course were friends!!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post

I look at the tank and can see some good things. I think a good night's sleep will help to clear your mind and give you some inspiration.
You're being kind! Thank you! I'm still messing with the darn thing..I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I get it right. I'll be up there wide awake laying in bed thinking .. I should move that plant here and the stone there..lol!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-127479841.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	157564  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well this pic is better! You got rid of that HUGE fake green plant in the front middle I see

Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lmao! That was there out of frustration lol! I didn't even dig the thing down. These plastic plants are crud! They're stained they're so old. If I didn't have such a tight budget I'd be VERY tempted to try real ones! I know Trooper (my discus) would love real ones!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I give up!! I'm going to take some great advice and go to bed. Hopefully something will come to me in my dreams.. On a good note my 65 is finally starting to clear up nicely. At least I think it is.
Yes I turned my bubblers back on. Lol! Power head is still off though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2874390146.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	157570  

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com