I strongly dislike UPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
Seems like anytime I order something that ships via UPS I run into problems. I ordered some lights from bigalsonline. I had heard their shipping wasn't the greatest, but I thought I might as well try it. Their lights were cheaper than most, and I was able to get two of their lights for the price of one at all the LFS here. So, I knew the moment I saw the shipping was through UPS i would have problems. Sure enough... the package was supposed to arrive today. I get home from work and go to the shipping tracker and type in my tracking number. This is what comes up...

"A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED"

I emailed bigalsonline and asked them what the problem could be, and if they had not given them the correct information. I checked the email from bigals about the confirmation. I had all the right information of my shipping address. Hopefully things go well... :cry:

Hmm... Sorry you have had issues with UPS. They have always been top notch for me. I frequently even get packages delivered from them a day early even. Never had a problem.

In the past 20 years my company has made over 100,000 shipments with UPS. I can only think of one instance where a parcel was lost. They are truly a fine company.

More than likely someone at bigals mistyped your street number. The shipper bears responsibility for any shipping probs and is the only one that can correct this. Call bigals complaint dept and tell then what's going on with your tracking number.

UPS is great for me, Fed Ex is the one I can't stand....I could go on and on why I want a dart board with Fed Ex on it, but I'll spare you all the rant.

lol i guess all shippers are just different cause i was talking to a friend who lives 10 miles away that has trouble with fedex, and a friend who lives down the street who has problems with UPS... But I contacted bigals last night and asked them what was up. I have not received an email from them yet... Let's see how well THEIR customer service is.

sometimes it can come down to the last step in the delivery as well. Usually between the retailer and your "major city" everything is computerized and automated and bulk shipped with dozens of other things all going to the same place.

But that last step, when it's seperated out from the pallet and they decide whose truck it goes on there's a lot more manual handling. It's usualy the people that make the errors. In this case, it could be the driver came by your street and maybe couldn't see your house number or went the wrong way down the street etc and so it got marked as a bad address. Doesn't the tracking web page give the address information for whats on teh package?

Well it arrived just 15 minutes ago in perfect condition. I was afraid it would take days for them to figure out the right address. The lights look great on the tank, but I don't think my fish look any better. lol It's better than the purple looking aqua-glos I had. The ones I ordered were coralife 50/50's 36 inch lights.

I hate UPS. Give me FedEx any day of the week...unless you get FedEx Ground - home delivery...that's horrid.

UPS has lost 2 packages of mine. That's a lot since I don't get packages often. They also delivered a Big Al's shipment that was quite smashed and leaking liquid. So I'll have to agree that they blow :D I've never had a problem with FedEx though.

I absolutely despise UPS. They left a package at our front door and it was stolen. We had told the driver to leave the package at a neighbors house and we would pick it up from them. The neighbor said that the UPS guy never came. The online tracking said that it was delivered. After investigation, the driver had just left it at the front door. It was stolen and took weeks to be reimbursed. They kept leaving packages at the front door. Thankfully nothing else has been stolen. FedEx will not leave packages in our town. If you are not there, you can just drive to the distribution center that is 5 minutes away and pick it up. I'd prefer that anyways. :D

We've never had any problems with Big Al's. They have always been top notch for us. I'm glad everything worked out for you. When using 50/50's in freshwater, the fish normally look stunning or horrid. LOL :)

Fishyfanatic said:
FedEx will not leave packages in our town. If you are not there, you can just drive to the distribution center that is 5 minutes away and pick it up. I'd prefer that anyways. :D

UPS will do the same thing. I've had to pick things up at their depot before. The hours weren't exactly convienient... but it was better than having something left at my door. There's a highschool just down the street from me and I don't thinkn a package would last 5 minutes sitting outside my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom