Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mrcrazypants05
I strongly dislike UPS

Seems like anytime I order something that ships via UPS I run into problems. I ordered some lights from bigalsonline. I had heard their shipping wasn't the greatest, but I thought I might as well try it. Their lights were cheaper than most, and I was able to get two of their lights for the price of one at all the LFS here. So, I knew the moment I saw the shipping was through UPS i would have problems. Sure enough... the package was supposed to arrive today. I get home from work and go to the shipping tracker and type in my tracking number. This is what comes up...

"A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED"

I emailed bigalsonline and asked them what the problem could be, and if they had not given them the correct information. I checked the email from bigals about the confirmation. I had all the right information of my shipping address. Hopefully things go well...

65RR - SW - 30g Sump w/fuge - 40lbs MI LR 30lbs Base - 4-5"Sand Bed - 2 false black perculas, 1 six line wrasse, 1 peppermint shrimp, 6 zebra hermits, 6 blue leg hermits, 6 nassarius snails, 6 astrea snails
Old 11-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hmm... Sorry you have had issues with UPS. They have always been top notch for me. I frequently even get packages delivered from them a day early even. Never had a problem.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Sometimes it has to do with those last zip code numbers that no one ever uses

Old 11-08-2005, 03:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
UPS is awesome....I think you may be in the minority.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

In the past 20 years my company has made over 100,000 shipments with UPS. I can only think of one instance where a parcel was lost. They are truly a fine company.

More than likely someone at bigals mistyped your street number. The shipper bears responsibility for any shipping probs and is the only one that can correct this. Call bigals complaint dept and tell then what's going on with your tracking number.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

UPS is great for me, Fed Ex is the one I can't stand....I could go on and on why I want a dart board with Fed Ex on it, but I'll spare you all the rant.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol i guess all shippers are just different cause i was talking to a friend who lives 10 miles away that has trouble with fedex, and a friend who lives down the street who has problems with UPS... But I contacted bigals last night and asked them what was up. I have not received an email from them yet... Let's see how well THEIR customer service is.
65RR - SW - 30g Sump w/fuge - 40lbs MI LR 30lbs Base - 4-5"Sand Bed - 2 false black perculas, 1 six line wrasse, 1 peppermint shrimp, 6 zebra hermits, 6 blue leg hermits, 6 nassarius snails, 6 astrea snails
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

sometimes it can come down to the last step in the delivery as well. Usually between the retailer and your "major city" everything is computerized and automated and bulk shipped with dozens of other things all going to the same place.

But that last step, when it's seperated out from the pallet and they decide whose truck it goes on there's a lot more manual handling. It's usualy the people that make the errors. In this case, it could be the driver came by your street and maybe couldn't see your house number or went the wrong way down the street etc and so it got marked as a bad address. Doesn't the tracking web page give the address information for whats on teh package?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well it arrived just 15 minutes ago in perfect condition. I was afraid it would take days for them to figure out the right address. The lights look great on the tank, but I don't think my fish look any better. lol It's better than the purple looking aqua-glos I had. The ones I ordered were coralife 50/50's 36 inch lights.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hate UPS. Give me FedEx any day of the week...unless you get FedEx Ground - home delivery...that's horrid.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com