I think i am an addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've also been married for 15 years so the fish tank is just one of those things to throw in there during a meaningless argument...it was actually one of the funniest things I've ever heard come out of his mouth. I laughed for hours over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh I've been there ;) Then I catch him sitting in front of "Maximus" tank talking to and playing with his "water dog". Smh

I am pretty sure that she does not mind too much. Just the whole "obsession" that i tend to do when i get into something. If your going to do something, do it right!

She really likes my blue ram's fry. She enjoys seeing them grow. She actually is kinda looking forward to my 4 female guppies popping some time this/next week.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have had my fish addiction since I was like 11. Started working in pet stores and just using the money when I was paid right back into the store lol. I am now 42 and have a zoo.its a great hobby .better than a lot of things that are out there.my favorite tank that I have is my 75 discus tank. I am always doing some kind of maintenance on 1 of my tanks daily.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So the fish is out of the bag with my wife. She told me last night on our anniversary date (7 years) that it was fine but she did not want the surprise.

She is also sad about the frog death in this tank, see my other post for details. Anf is also sad that only 4 of my ram fry are alive today. The parents are really good but they took them to my filter for a swim today instead of the normal spot. Well time to get a prefilter on the intake.

So the fish is out of the bag with my wife. She told me last night on our anniversary date (7 years) that it was fine but she did not want the surprise.

She is also sad about the frog death in this tank, see my other post for details. Anf is also sad that only 4 of my ram fry are alive today. The parents are really good but they took them to my filter for a swim today instead of the normal spot. Well time to get a prefilter on the intake.

I always used pantyhose over filter intakes on my fry tanks.

I started out with a 10 about 6 months ago...now I have a 10, 20, 46, and 55. I came home with the 55 a week ago, my wife threatened that the next time I come home with a new one make sure it's big enough to live in! Haha! Be careful!!! Lol

My husband originally didn't get my fish addiction at all. Hated the water splashes when I was working on it, hated the smell of the dechlorinator & fertilizers, hated how much time I spent on them... But over time as he saw how my tanks paid for themselves with plant trimmings, saw how happy they made me, and I kept showing him pictures after pictures of fish I was researching, he finally came around ;) Now he actually asks if we can have certain fish and even told me to get my 40g breeder tank to grow more plants, breed fish, and have his corydoras hasbrosus in! Give your wife time, and try to help her get involved in the process. She'll come around eventually :)

I started out with a 10 about 6 months ago...now I have a 10, 20, 46, and 55. I came home with the 55 a week ago, my wife threatened that the next time I come home with a new one make sure it's big enough to live in! Haha! Be careful!!! Lol

sounds about like mine, she knows my next will be a 125+ though. I am not being shy about it and I am looking for a good deal on a newer used one with my local classifieds

My husband originally didn't get my fish addiction at all. Hated the water splashes when I was working on it, hated the smell of the dechlorinator & fertilizers, hated how much time I spent on them... But over time as he saw how my tanks paid for themselves with plant trimmings, saw how happy they made me, and I kept showing him pictures after pictures of fish I was researching, he finally came around ;) Now he actually asks if we can have certain fish and even told me to get my 40g breeder tank to grow more plants, breed fish, and have his corydoras hasbrosus in! Give your wife time, and try to help her get involved in the process. She'll come around eventually :)

This is what I am expecting her to be. The 20L is my guppy breeder tank and I also plan on getting it a bit more planted. She really loved seeing my GBR fry swimming around in my 36 as well. I really expect her to come around once I can start getting my plant clippings. I just got my new light and will be adding co2 as soon as I can. excel for now but it will be so much better once its injected.

This is what I am expecting her to be. The 20L is my guppy breeder tank and I also plan on getting it a bit more planted. She really loved seeing my GBR fry swimming around in my 36 as well. I really expect her to come around once I can start getting my plant clippings. I just got my new light and will be adding co2 as soon as I can. excel for now but it will be so much better once its injected.
What plants are you thinking about?

What plants are you thinking about?

I honestly don't know. but i will most likely buy a package from auquabid since it will just give me some plants.

This tank is in an east facing window and has great morning sun coming through. It also has some decent light from the t8 bulb. No where near high light, but more than enough for mid light plants i would imagine.

Hello my name is Stacey and I'm also an addict. My husband and I threw away a love seat so my 55 gallon could go in it's place.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I honestly don't know. but i will most likely buy a package from auquabid since it will just give me some plants.

This tank is in an east facing window and has great morning sun coming through. It also has some decent light from the t8 bulb. No where near high light, but more than enough for mid light plants i would imagine.

If you want to pm me I may have some plants if your interested. My tanks are smaller, so it would be good to try out some plants and see what does well?

I've always been addicted. My husband is just now finding out as I get back into the hobby! I tried explaining ammonia, nitrites and nitrates to him, and had to also explain why my 36g only has a few fish in it, lol. Talk about deer-in-the-headlights! But, he loves seeing me get so into it. Doesn't understand a lick, but enables me nonetheless!! ❤️?❤️

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

We should call this thread fish keepers anonymous

I've actually showed this thread to my husband to show him there are others like me ?

Back
Top Bottom