I think my tank is over crowded, but dont know how to tell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ram4200

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am very new to keeping fish an aquarium was given to me it came with a couple fish and we kept the same water that had been in it for years. But I think I may have overcrowded it. Its a 30 gallon I have 6 tiger barbs 5 harlequins 3 corys and 7 red eyed tetras I have never done a water change until this weekend I did a 50 % I didn't even know you had to do that but I do now I was given little direction when I got it so I'm learning on the fly so any advice would be greatly appreciated so i can keep my fish healthy

Thanks, the barbs are fine with all the other fish they just mess with each other

Sent from my LGMS631 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great news! My comment would be that it feels overstocked by a school to myself however I don't own that size tank so I'm imagining my sisters tank sized down a little. So will be interested what others think. Either that or on the line.

Probably a tad higher on the number of fishes for a 30 gal, but really depends on your filtration, both mechanical and biological. If you don't see your barbs bothering the other fishes and your nitrates week on week stay reasonable, I'd say you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks

Sent from my LGMS631 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom