i think we all need to read this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dustinfeint

Aquarium Advice Activist
I never knew that having an aquarium would be such an addiction. It's. Such a huge part of my life now..

Lol that's what i needed to say! I think the aquarium hobby is a legitimate obsession.

I agree it is a major obsession I'm always looking for new and exciting things to add to my tank I'm going to get my first plant today :)

I think it may even be a magnificent obsession. Nice thing is that it is always a work in progress.

Ever since I started fishkeeping a few years ago, my online gaming has come to crawl. At least my wife can't complain about me playing games all the time. Hahahahaha.

I'm in complete agreement. Used to have 1 small tank as a child. Decided now I'm married and can do it again. Started with a 10 gallon fw. Then got a 5 gallon cause my platys had fry. And now I have a 29 gallon sw reef. I used to play online games like crazy but the only reason I've turned on the computer lately is balance my checkbook. Lol

Haha yeah I was like addicted to a dog breeding/genetics game (actually you could argue that it is an educational game, so not a total waste of time :p) but I haven't been on it really since I got into aquariums :)

I'm in complete agreement. Used to have 1 small tank as a child. Decided now I'm married and can do it again. Started with a 10 gallon fw. Then got a 5 gallon cause my platys had fry. And now I have a 29 gallon sw reef. I used to play online games like crazy but the only reason I've turned on the computer lately is balance my checkbook. Lol

Yeah, I started when I was 13 (15 now). I got a 30 gallon for cheap, then my one of my africans got pregnant, so I got a 20 gallon fry tank. Then I got a 55 tank for my cichlids! And I'm looking at getting a 100+ gallon now!

Yeah, I started when I was 13 (15 now). I got a 30 gallon for cheap, then my one of my africans got pregnant, so I got a 20 gallon fry tank. Then I got a 55 tank for my cichlids! And I'm looking at getting a 100+ gallon now!

Im 15 too :) Had a 20 gallon that was a "family tank", then when we moved my dad got a 130, then I got a 10, and then a 55 and a 45 and my sister got another 55. :) going to use my three tanks (10, 45 and 55) for breeding bettas in the near future. My sister has an Oscar in the 55 and might have to upgrade to a 75 once he's bigger, in which case I MIGHT have another tank for my bettas :D and my dads 130 gallon is a community with schooling fish, livebearers, loaches, a Pleco, an angel and some others :) what are you planning on using the 100+ gallon for?

Im 15 too :) Had a 20 gallon that was a "family tank", then when we moved my dad got a 130, then I got a 10, and then a 55 and a 45 and my sister got another 55. :) going to use my three tanks (10, 45 and 55) for breeding bettas in the near future. My sister has an Oscar in the 55 and might have to upgrade to a 75 once he's bigger, in which case I MIGHT have another tank for my bettas :D and my dads 130 gallon is a community with schooling fish, livebearers, loaches, a Pleco, an angel and some others :) what are you planning on using the 100+ gallon for?

Nice! Thats awesome how many tanks you have! I'm jealous! I'm the only one in my family thats in the hobby, so I have to take care of all my tanks, so its harder to have a lot more! And I want to use the 100+ gal. for either malawi cichlids, or I might start a saltwater!

Haha, I agree with the obsession/addiction thing. Every time I bring home a new fish/shrimp/plant I tell her that it's better than drugs because this isn't illegal;) But yeah, serious addiction....

This really is an addiction, I started with a 10 gallon, now I have a 29, a 2.5, and a 55, and now I'm going to build an outside shubunkin pond

It's an addiction for sure. Had a 10 gallon fw tank for 3 years then got a 70 gallon sw and upgraded the fw to 55 gallons and got another 20 gallon sw. Would have more tanks if I had the money haha. And to bmarine, try saltwater! :D

Nice! Thats awesome how many tanks you have! I'm jealous! I'm the only one in my family thats in the hobby, so I have to take care of all my tanks, so its harder to have a lot more! And I want to use the 100+ gal. for either malawi cichlids, or I might start a saltwater!

Yeah I do most of the cleaning and taking cage of the tanks around here too :) my dad does his tank but I'm in charge of the other four and his when he isn't home. Like today, which happens to be water change day I get to clean all five! Lol hey it's better then cleaning my room! Oh and I forgot about this but I don't know if it really counts :p I have a 2 gallon bowl with my brothers betta as well... I have a moss ball in there so far but I'm gonna get some more plants for it on the weekend. And I have to do more water changes for that one since it's so small... My mom says I spend too much time doing fish stuff or "fishing" as she puts it :p lol
A saltwater tank would be awesome! I'd LOVE to do a lion fish tank one day! If I knew more about saltwater I would so do that! :) have you looked on kijiji or Craigslist for tanks? I got three of my tanks off kijiji that came with stands (which would actually hold two tanks each) filters (both bio-wheel and underground for all three) gravel, thermometers, heaters, lids, lights, seven extra sponge filters, an air pump, nets, driftwood, and a whole bunch of extra decorations and supplies and all that cost 300 dollars. I could've gotten just the tank and stand with a filter, heater, lid and light in a kit for 300!

It's an addiction for sure. Had a 10 gallon fw tank for 3 years then got a 70 gallon sw and upgraded the fw to 55 gallons and got another 20 gallon sw. Would have more tanks if I had the money haha. And to bmarine, try saltwater! :D

Lol I know! I have to choose carefully what I want to do because there are so many choices and so many things I want to do! But I only have so much money... And space. Lol

Haha yeah I was like addicted to a dog breeding/genetics game (actually you could argue that it is an educational game, so not a total waste of time :p) but I haven't been on it really since I got into aquariums :)

Probably a good thing way to many dogs out there already

Back
Top Bottom