Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

I want to give up...

I just bought 3 rosy barbs to accompany my lonely rosy barb. I named them: Gold Leader, Mothership, Scout and Attacker (not really an attacker, I just ran out of names).

Tuesday... one of my goldfish got some ich (there were only like around 5 spots on its fins) I have no other tank but a big bowl and put him there.

Thursday(Today)... scout got ich. I noticed him swimming on his own and not with his other 3 pals. Then I saw a bunch of ichs on his top tail fins. I put him in another big bowl and confused how am I supposed to treat him when my mother only allowed me buying fish stuff every 2 weeks after I bought new fish stuffs (The last time I bought them was at Saturday).

All this problems gave me headaches and sometimes makes me almost give up and just felt like throwing them away (but I don't want to).

I looked at my little sister's 20◊20◊15 planted betta tank and realize how dumb I am. Taking care of a not so hardy fish and having a big 59◊37◊32 tank.

The only way I can cure their ich is by letting nature take its place. When all if them fall off the fish, I'll put them back in my main tank.

All those problems makes me want to restart my tank and only put guppy fishes in there as they are hardy fish.

This post is made just to express my stress over my tank.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Understandable! It's frustrating when you get new fish and then start having problems all of a sudden, and mom don't realize every 2 weeks for fish stuff isn't enough. It's like having kids. Things happen, things come up. Kids get sick and mom has to drop everything and run out and get meds, or take them to a doctor. This is no different than your fish's needs. Put the fish back with all the others, cause most likely they are just stressed out alittle. Try doing a few water changes, keep the light off. And condition the water to bring the stress level down. Maybe mom will understand if you tell her what I told you. Good luck!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
Understandable! It's frustrating when you get new fish and then start having problems all of a sudden, and mom don't realize every 2 weeks for fish stuff isn't enough. It's like having kids. Things happen, things come up. Kids get sick and mom has to drop everything and run out and get meds, or take them to a doctor. This is no different than your fish's needs. Put the fish back with all the others, cause most likely they are just stressed out alittle. Try doing a few water changes, keep the light off. And condition the water to bring the stress level down. Maybe mom will understand if you tell her what I told you. Good luck!
But my tank is planted, remove plants?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
My mother agreed and allowed me to buy the cheapest heater. So,can I do a 30įC water temp and salt treatment for my rosy barb? I was thinking that I'm going to treat the entire tank which it contains 4 goldfishes (including the sick one), 1 angelfish, 4 rosy barb (including scout), 1 amazon sword and several egeria najas. I'm afraid that 30įC will make my rosy barbs stress out and die.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

can raise the temp higher. Or just take all the fish out and put them in something else raise heat and no lights. Along with water changes daily.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
can raise the temp higher. Or just take all the fish out and put them in something else raise heat and no lights. Along with water changes daily.
How much and how about my infected fishes?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd try little by little. Angels like 78-80 degrees and goldfish like cooler so try to creep up to 85 degrees. Keep an eye on your gold fish thow. They might set on the bottom for a while. They don't like it that warm. But if you do it slowly they might adjust to it. Did you tell mom thanks? 😊
Old 10-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Make sure you do water changes!
Old 10-27-2017, 03:43 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
I'd try little by little. Angels like 78-80 degrees and goldfish like cooler so try to creep up to 85 degrees. Keep an eye on your gold fish thow. They might set on the bottom for a while. They don't like it that warm. But if you do it slowly they might adjust to it. Did you tell mom thanks? 😊
Yep, I feel like there are some hopes left for my tank. Another goldfish got one spot on its tail, should I put back my sick fishes (not cured yet) into my main tank now? Or wait until the heater and salt arrives?
Old 10-27-2017, 04:09 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Make sure you do water changes!
Should I do the water change before putting the salt in or after?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com