If Money Was No Issue..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is your dream aquarium? I've always dreamed of having a full wall built in cabinet feature that would allow a dozen or so tanks where everything was hidden in a back closet. I think I will actually do this one day :) want to build It all from scratch though. I want frog tanks and lizards too :) just a whole zoo of exotics

If money was not an issue, I would want my bedroom turned into a huge tank, like some type of wall tank covering a four walls. That would be so cool to sleep in there. Having four tanks in my room right now, I'm getting there. ;)

Something I've been pondering for a little while....

I've got a 14' wall that is the divider between my living & dining rooms. The end post of the wall is a structural roof support, so that would have to stay. Knock out 12' of the wall and go with an in-wall reef 12'Lx2.5'Dx3'T (675gal) with a basement sump. I have the room for everything, but the funds needed are obviously quite extensive, and I have quite a few expensive hobbies as it is. If I wanted to seriously do this, I'd need to give something up & sell.

I would so feed my fish addiction! I would have my master bathroom and my master bedroom designed to have fish tank walls . Especially my bedroom. I sleep on the couch right now just so I can watch my fish till I dose off!
I would also have a fish sitting room....one with lots of cherry wood and huge in-wall tanks with couches situated just for comfortable viewing. Awe...wonderful!

I would also have a fish sitting room....one with lots of cherry wood and huge in-wall tanks with couches situated just for comfortable viewing. Awe...wonderful!

That was our living room in college!!! We didn't have all the fancy cherry wood, of course, but the room was wall-to-wall/floor-to-ceiling tanks with bean bag chairs in the middle. Everybody in the house had a couple/few tanks they took care of..... Spent many an "altered" evening kicked back watching those fish tanks :brows: :lol:

Something I've been pondering for a little while....

I've got a 14' wall that is the divider between my living & dining rooms. The end post of the wall is a structural roof support, so that would have to stay. Knock out 12' of the wall and go with an in-wall reef 12'Lx2.5'Dx3'T (675gal) with a basement sump. I have the room for everything, but the funds needed are obviously quite extensive, and I have quite a few expensive hobbies as it is. If I wanted to seriously do this, I'd need to give something up & sell.

look for L.A.C tanks they got bullet shape tanks to act as room diveders and they just relised a 6ft one pretty cool looking

That was our living room in college!!! We didn't have all the fancy cherry wood, of course, but the room was wall-to-wall/floor-to-ceiling tanks with bean bag chairs in the middle. Everybody in the house had a couple/few tanks they took care of..... Spent many an "altered" evening kicked back watching those fish tanks :brows: :lol:

Oh wow! That's awesome! Must have been pretty cool ;)

I would get a tank big enough to hold an orca. Of course I would not add other fish in that tank. Don't think the orca would be too friendly.

There's a soccer player named Thierry Henry who is going to build a 5000 gallon fish tank in his house. I think it's like 4 stories tall and costs like half a million dollars!! Did anybody else read about this??

corinne118s said:
You would need a whole ocean to hold an orca properly

+1 some things are best left to the wild. It would be nice if the amusement parks and zoos that kept them at least gave them better enclosures though.

I'd have dolphins. I'd have the ocean for it too because I'd own a small island in the tropics where there were natural coral reefs and I'd go scuba diving all the time and swimming with the dolphins. It would be awesome. :D

If money was no issue my main room when you walk in, the floor would be glass ontop of a reef atleast 40'x40'x12' and when you walk to the basement have a tunnel to walk thru the tank like at the large zoos and aquariums to my 15' wide dome sitting room for a nearly 360 degree viewing area $)

Mrc8858 said:
If money was no issue my main room when you walk in, the floor would be glass ontop of a reef atleast 40'x40'x12' and when you walk to the basement have a tunnel to walk thru the tank like at the large zoos and aquariums to my 15' wide dome sitting room for a nearly 360 degree viewing area $)

Wow. If I win the lottery I'm stealing that idea.

Alyxx said:
Wow. If I win the lottery I'm stealing that idea.

Well if so ill be expecting an invite... Expenses on you of course lol

Mrc8858 said:
Well if so ill be expecting an invite... Expenses on you of course lol

If I were to be able to set something like that up I'd throw a big AA party to celebrate getting it done! Now to just win the lotto, haha.

I did, that pretty much crazy. How much do you think it costs to heat it??? and what kind of fish do you think he's getting? He could have like 100000 guppies lol!

corinne118s said:
What is your dream aquarium? I've always dreamed of having a full wall built in cabinet feature that would allow a dozen or so tanks where everything was hidden in a back closet. I think I will actually do this one day :) want to build It all from scratch though. I want frog tanks and lizards too :) just a whole zoo of exotics

my grandpa had a 200g fw exactly like that!
which comes to my next point..thats what I want. it will be expensive though. when I move out im gonna get that tank..hopefully it will come true..

Back
Top Bottom