If you had a 10000 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have a community tank with a sand substrate, lots of caves and live plants stocked with:

Bottom dwellers and plecos:

40 panda Cories
100 red cherry shrimp
50 anamo shrimp
4 pitbull pleco
10 otos 2 bristle nose pleco
5 clown loaches
7 zebra plecos
Midwellers:

4 german blue rams
100 cardinal tetra
8 dwarf gourami
5 pearl gourami
20 guppies
6 platies
7 angel fish

Top dwellers:
30 hatchets fish
10 bettas 2m 8 f

10,000g tank? I'd go with fiberglass (acrylic window) all the way with dual external overflows. A 10,000g of this nature should cost roughly $50k realistically, not including plumbing. Definitely a shark tank (maybe reef included) with epaulettes, whitespotteds, zebra hornsharks, and smoothhounds (or similar), blue spot rays, and fast moving fish such as surgeonfish. I'd then call a professional company to come and theme the back wall with the sides acting as overhangs to internally frame the tank. I'd have liverock structures/bommies in various places center.

Last edited:
If I had a 10000 gallon tank I would be very happy.

I may try to do the ultimate Amazn biotope and replicate a section of the river as closely as possible. :)

Or I'd take a bunch of dividers, divide it into 1000 tens, add circulation and feeding tubes that deposit food in the tanks, add lots of plants, wood, etc, add 250 trios of female bettas and 750 males. The tank would be really tall and long but only the width of two tanks viewable from all angles

If it were up to me, i would divide the tank into 3 parts . Each part would have its own filtration separate from the others . Then the one on the far left would be a freshwater discus tank. Super heavily planted and tons of DW and one large pleco.
The middle one would be brackish. I don't know much about brackish fish, but i know some puffers are brackish, so it would be a puffer tank.
The one on the right would be a saltwater reef tank. Full of LR and all sorts of softies and such.

I think the concept of this tank( or tanks) would tell people that here are different ecosystems than the ones above water.

And the filtration itself would be in another room for people to view and learn about, a place to explore all the tiny creatures that make the tanks run. Under microscopes and stuff.

The tanks would be viewable from all sides and underneath for the kids, but the top would be sealed off for maintenance
crews only.

The Sw one would have a sump visible in the filtration room. A live sump with sponges and shrimps and stuff. There would be tons of charts and several people there to explain it all.

Well now that i have covered everything, i think im done lol.

Bubbles0oO said:
If it were up to me, i would divide the tank into 3 parts . Each part would have its own filtration separate from the others . Then the one on the far left would be a freshwater discus tank. Super heavily planted and tons of DW and one large pleco.
The middle one would be brackish. I don't know much about brackish fish, but i know some puffers are brackish, so it would be a puffer tank.
The one on the right would be a saltwater reef tank. Full of LR and all sorts of softies and such.

I think the concept of this tank( or tanks) would tell people that here are different ecosystems than the ones above water.

And the filtration itself would be in another room for people to view and learn about, a place to explore all the tiny creatures that make the tanks run. Under microscopes and stuff.

The tanks would be viewable from all sides and underneath for the kids, but the top would be sealed off for maintenance
crews only.

The Sw one would have a sump visible in the filtration room. A live sump with sponges and shrimps and stuff. There would be tons of charts and several people there to explain it all.

Well now that i have covered everything, i think im done lol.

I would pay good money to go there... Everyday.

TankMan said:
I would pay good money to go there... Everyday.

Lol! Now that i think about it , it would be awesome if several members got together on here and did that! Then held an Aquarium advice gathering! How cool!

More for the tank:

Kids can help with feeding ( if handed the amount of food to be fed and not the whole thing lol)
And
Any people studying for an aquatic job can volunteer.

Oh and of course i would love to be the main caretaker ( water changes and such) but for these tanks i think that i would have to convince my parents that the "bucket and muscle" method is a little extreme.

I would build all my own rock work as I normally do. I would stuff it full of african Cichlids probably around 3,333 :) or maybe more lol

Have a look at this

Just type this in on YouTube

50000 + 15000 Gallon Monster Tanks - MonsterFishkeepers.com

I've seen that video.

To me, those tanks were drab and boring. Big concrete boxes with big fish wandering around open space looking bored and unstimulated.

I'd have real tree stumps in there, huge plants, sand bottom, etc. Then I'd have to get my SCUBA cert to clean it.

If I had a huge tank, it would be the neatest river bank style eco system around. Thousands of tiny tetras and large schools of cory cats all over. Brightly lit, all live plants, stumps, clams, shrimp, everything. A community tank you could swim in.

a tank that big i'd have some friendly enough fish in there so I can swim with them in it! lol

I would love to have a sea turtle. With a perfectly replicated coral reef like the ones she would normally visit if she weren't in my tank.

I got to meet a sea turtle on Thursday and she was beautiful and really funny.

Back
Top Bottom