If you had a 10000 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure he'd be in there with her doing the swim with no shorts if you get my drift....Zing
;)

If I had a tank that size, I would have tons of discus, rope fish, angels, and any kind of tetra that looked good in there lol. It would be mostly discus tho.

i would get 1 male and 4 female swordtails, over time thier population would grow, and grow , and then grow some more. untill you get a tank full of swords. THAT would be freaky, lol walking into a room, having a HUGE planted section for the fry and have the part below it as a see through hole for little kids to watch the fry.... lol then gtet ONE single gupppy and ggive away $5000 to the person who finds it

10000 gal tank...

If I could afford the electric bill for the pump for a tank this size, it would have to be filled with Angelfish and huge schools of Tetras if it were Freshwater. There's nothing like watching a wave of Tetras swim over a school of Angels or Discus.:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:
If it were saltwater, a living reef with schools of assorted cardinals, anthias, tangs and surgeons and maybe an angelfish or 2, some butterflies, can't forget some heniochus, oooh and some wrasses, damsels, basslets and maybe some cat sharks, oooh, I forgot, also a clown trigger and some Niger triggers, CLOWNFISH!!! How could I forget some clownfish???!!! :ROFLMAO:

I'd want a sea turtle. I'd make the pool slanted on the bottom. You know, on side much deeper and the other side very shallow so that I could have a little bit of a beach. Then I'd install a wave maker and create a reef... The turtles can lay eggs on the beach and then I could release all the babies into the ocean once they get a little bigger. I'll have to stock it with whatever it is that sea turtles eat so they know how to survive on their own. I'll have an underground tunnel beneath it and have little domes dispersed around the bottom of the tank (kinda like the gopher exhibits at zoos, where you get to go in the tunnels and peek out through the domes) so I can peek into the tank without having to get in the water all the time. Then I can charge people to come see the turtles!

epic idea bearchumjs. i also might put a northern pike,about 40 sunfish,a couple pike size catfish,and about 4000 minnows(food)

I'd want a sea turtle. I'd make the pool slanted on the bottom. You know, on side much deeper and the other side very shallow so that I could have a little bit of a beach. Then I'd install a wave maker and create a reef... The turtles can lay eggs on the beach and then I could release all the babies into the ocean once they get a little bigger. I'll have to stock it with whatever it is that sea turtles eat so they know how to survive on their own. I'll have an underground tunnel beneath it and have little domes dispersed around the bottom of the tank (kinda like the gopher exhibits at zoos, where you get to go in the tunnels and peek out through the domes) so I can peek into the tank without having to get in the water all the time. Then I can charge people to come see the turtles!
Not a bad idea, not bad at all!

Depends

Wouldn't it be self sustained with the large amount of water?

It would all depend on what was in it. A single Guppy in that amount of water wouldn't create too much change in the water chemistry. A single Great white shark (as someone mentioned in an earlier post) would definitely effect the water making not suitable for self sustanence.
But it would be nice to see a self sustained eco system in that amount of water, wouldn't it? (y)

I'll use regular dirt soil
& ask ppl if they'd donate plants & in exchange see the tank when ever they please lol

Surprisingly I just figured that a 10000G tank could measure out to 20'L x 8 1/2'W x 8'H. I thought it would be bigger.

Back
Top Bottom