If you had a 10000 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh where to go with this. Freshwater. Largemouth bass, bluegill, black/white crappie, a few big ol' flathead catfish, walleye, northern pike, black bullheads.

Tetra1990 said:
Oh where to go with this. Freshwater. Largemouth bass, bluegill, black/white crappie, a few big ol' flathead catfish, walleye, northern pike, black bullheads.

That would be sick!! You'd slowly lose bluegill and crappie though lol

I would be kinda stuck..... A Cichlid tank (my first), a large fish tropical tank, or a tropical community completely balance into a perfect eco system!

Hmm, if I had a 1000 gallon tank, I'd add a platy. That's it...just a platy LOL

OBEYtheFISH said:
He said a 1000 not 10000
So technically he'd have 10 platys for every 1000 gallons lol

Haha. Wouldn't it be cool to have like 1,000 of some fish in a 10000 gallon?

With a tank that big I'd create some amazonian waterway replica. I'd create the same world you'd see if you would put a mask on and dunk your head underwater in a pristine south america river. Environmentally accurate survival of the fittest type thing. Fish would get eaten, wounded, scarred, breed.

lucky07 said:
With a tank that big I'd create some amazonian waterway replica. I'd create the same world you'd see if you would put a mask on and dunk your head underwater in a pristine south america river. Environmentally accurate survival of the fittest type thing. Fish would get eaten, wounded, scarred, breed.

I like the idea.

Make a river flow thru it like a pond & it'll be self sustained :D

Funny you should say that. I've already got plans for when I buy a house by the water. Cold water tank, native species from the lake and the thermostat would run a pump down in the lake. Water gets hot, pump turns on and brings cold water to the tank, overflow drain up top so it just drains out (using the ground as a filter, not straight to the lake) as cold water comes in. No need for testing, possibility of diseases yes but it's about as natural as you can get.

Basically recreate the lake, using the lake. Don't tell the minstry tho, something tells me they frown upon these kinds of things.

In reality your simply physically separating a small chunk of the lake while leaving everything biologically connected.

Funny you should say that. I've already got plans for when I buy a house by the water. Cold water tank, native species from the lake and the thermostat would run a pump down in the lake. Water gets hot, pump turns on and brings cold water to the tank, overflow drain up top so it just drains out (using the ground as a filter, not straight to the lake) as cold water comes in. No need for testing, possibility of diseases yes but it's about as natural as you can get.

Basically recreate the lake, using the lake. Don't tell the minstry tho, something tells me they frown upon these kinds of things.

In reality your simply physically separating a small chunk of the lake while leaving everything biologically connected.
Not a bad idea! I should use that one day...

Back
Top Bottom