Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2015, 01:46 AM   #121
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydeath View Post
What do you think of the F-35 and variants?
Well, considering my father designed and help build the lift fan on the F-35C STOVL aircraft, im pretty bias. I love the A10 warthog and will be sad to see it go, but i do like the F35 and all variants. Really not a huge raptor fan even though it is pretty ahead of its time.

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots."
ericwithac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:46 AM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

That picture is hilarious!

As long as Wilson doesn't throw a ridiculous lofty two point conversion that should've been batted and the Pat's secondary don't choose to slide because they are ahead, Brady is gonna get another ring. GO PATS!!!

Old 01-29-2015, 01:50 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
Well, considering my father designed and help build the lift fan on the F-35C STOVL aircraft, im pretty bias. I love the A10 warthog and will be sad to see it go, but i do like the F35 and all variants. Really not a huge raptor fan even though it is pretty ahead of its time.
Man, that is epic. The F-35 has insane air to land capacities and it is having so much money pumped into it right now, the end result will last a while. The T-50 is cool too, but I can't justify speed and maneuverability over not being seen. Plus, the T-50 can't shoot smart bombs or internal missiles at max speed which could be a hindrance. I love when people compare the F-35 and T-50 because their jobs are totally different.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Man, that is epic. The F-35 has insane air to land capacities and it is having so much money pumped into it right now, the end result will last a while. The T-50 is cool too, but I can't justify speed and maneuverability over not being seen. Plus, the T-50 can't shoot smart bombs or internal missiles at max speed which could be a hindrance. I love when people compare the F-35 and T-50 because their jobs are totally different.
You sound like an avgeek like me!

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots."
Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha I'm glad there are others!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Haha I'm glad there are others!
Have you flown at all? I have my commercial instrument multi engine land rating.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

I haven't, I'm really interested in aeronautical engineering and would like to fly some day. Only a teen so can't quite do that yet. I have gone to a few air bases which are always cool though. Any tips?

Also, you should read this article, I really enjoyed it. The F-14's were great for their time and the history behind them is incredible.

Elite F-14 Flight Officer Explains Why The Tomcat Was So Influential
Old 01-29-2015, 03:28 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I haven't, I'm really interested in aeronautical engineering and would like to fly some day. Only a teen so can't quite do that yet. I have gone to a few air bases which are always cool though. Any tips?

Also, you should read this article, I really enjoyed it. The F-14's were great for their time and the history behind them is incredible.

Elite F-14 Flight Officer Explains Why The Tomcat Was So Influential

Youre a teen? How old? Why does that mean you cant fly yet?

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Old 01-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
Thats why we have the most superbowl rings in the NFL right? Because of how awful we are?

I don't care how many rings you have. I've hated the Steelers ever since Bill Cowher's ugly underbite scowl was coaching them, I can't stand Mike Tomlin, and I want to punch Ben Roethlisberger in his fat f***ing neck. Just everything about the Steelers is obnoxious.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelK8485 View Post
I don't care how many rings you have. I've hated the Steelers ever since Bill Cowher's ugly underbite scowl was coaching them, I can't stand Mike Tomlin, and I want to punch Ben Roethlisberger in his fat f***ing neck. Just everything about the Steelers is obnoxious.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whose your team??

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com