Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Activist

If only all above ground power lines were converted to the more efficient and practical form of underground power lines then there would rarely ever be any problems when it comes to blizzards and such. My street has underground power lines but not when it reaches the main road so there still can be a power outage but it's not going to come my street itself.
the fireplace is also about five feet to the right of my tank so heat isn't necessarily a big deal if an outage should happen but it can drop to mid to low 60s as it was before I added a heater for the switch from goldfish to tropical fish.
At least it's not like last year when it snowed in October before the leaves could fall. Honestly I feel its very unlikely to cause an outage unless someone either slides into a pole or if it snows when leaves are still on the trees. 90% of the time it's all about tree branches breaking.

Also why I love Gas stoves they kill electric stove in every way possible for cooking.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ugh!! I was reading this thread the day after the storm. Then 530 am day after the storm I lost power for 12 plus hours... Wrapped my 75 g discus tank with foil and a blanket . Temp fell to 78 . Bought a battery operated air pump on my way home from work. Also threw a live plant in there before I left for work. Thank god all are fine. I think I jinxed myself by reading this thread lol

Joefish...

Old 01-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
Whose your team??

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Cowboys and Bengals.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #134
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelK8485 View Post
Cowboys and Bengals.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You opinion on this subject is now invalid. 😊

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots."
ericwithac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Go Jets!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Activist

We were supposed to get crushed in Philly, we got one inch. Haha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 01-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferrante View Post
If only all above ground power lines were converted to the more efficient and practical form of underground power lines then there would rarely ever be any problems when it comes to blizzards and such. My street has underground power lines but not when it reaches the main road so there still can be a power outage but it's not going to come my street itself.
the fireplace is also about five feet to the right of my tank so heat isn't necessarily a big deal if an outage should happen but it can drop to mid to low 60s as it was before I added a heater for the switch from goldfish to tropical fish.
At least it's not like last year when it snowed in October before the leaves could fall. Honestly I feel its very unlikely to cause an outage unless someone either slides into a pole or if it snows when leaves are still on the trees. 90% of the time it's all about tree branches breaking.

Also why I love Gas stoves they kill electric stove in every way possible for cooking.

I have to agree on many things you've said. Our area is all above ground wires and the stupidest thing in the world to have here. And yet rate hikes continue to rise because of "maintenance and repairs". Well duh !! I just see it as job security for idiots. As well, we can't have nice tree lined streets.

No fireplace here but the next one will def have it. I sure do miss it and still have the insert that I took from my place. And the irony of the situation ? I sold around 90 cord of wood this year and have about 20 on the ground ready to go still. Heat is the biggest worry with me if nobody's home since its electric but as soon as somebody is around to drag out the generator, problems are solved for the tanks anyway. And yes, I agree snow-tober sucked !!!

I'm in the same boat with a gas stove. Blows the electric away and will still work when there's no power. The electric igniters don't work but I can get by with one of the dozen lighters laying around. If all else fails, I can wrap the tanks in blankets and relocate the girl, the hamster, and two GSD's to the office trailer at the yard. Monster generator/welder unit and propane heat and a microwave.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Freak

That knife still hasn't come... Probably from the fact that he had to be shipped halfway across the united states... I have a pair of african ropes coming too (stocking my 55)... I hope they are still alive...
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
They make it easy to appreciate perfection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
NY Giants season ticket holder here so you stop that jabbering right now....
Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
You opinion on this subject is now invalid. 😊

LMAO, best response in the thread....

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com