If you live in the northeast!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you think of the F-35 and variants?

Well, considering my father designed and help build the lift fan on the F-35C STOVL aircraft, im pretty bias. I love the A10 warthog and will be sad to see it go, but i do like the F35 and all variants. Really not a huge raptor fan even though it is pretty ahead of its time.

That picture is hilarious!

As long as Wilson doesn't throw a ridiculous lofty two point conversion that should've been batted and the Pat's secondary don't choose to slide because they are ahead, Brady is gonna get another ring. :) GO PATS!!!

Well, considering my father designed and help build the lift fan on the F-35C STOVL aircraft, im pretty bias. I love the A10 warthog and will be sad to see it go, but i do like the F35 and all variants. Really not a huge raptor fan even though it is pretty ahead of its time.

Man, that is epic. The F-35 has insane air to land capacities and it is having so much money pumped into it right now, the end result will last a while. The T-50 is cool too, but I can't justify speed and maneuverability over not being seen. Plus, the T-50 can't shoot smart bombs or internal missiles at max speed which could be a hindrance. I love when people compare the F-35 and T-50 because their jobs are totally different.

Man, that is epic. The F-35 has insane air to land capacities and it is having so much money pumped into it right now, the end result will last a while. The T-50 is cool too, but I can't justify speed and maneuverability over not being seen. Plus, the T-50 can't shoot smart bombs or internal missiles at max speed which could be a hindrance. I love when people compare the F-35 and T-50 because their jobs are totally different.

You sound like an avgeek like me!

I haven't, I'm really interested in aeronautical engineering and would like to fly some day. Only a teen so can't quite do that yet. I have gone to a few air bases which are always cool though. Any tips?

Also, you should read this article, I really enjoyed it. The F-14's were great for their time and the history behind them is incredible.

Elite F-14 Flight Officer Explains Why The Tomcat Was So Influential

I haven't, I'm really interested in aeronautical engineering and would like to fly some day. Only a teen so can't quite do that yet. I have gone to a few air bases which are always cool though. Any tips?

Also, you should read this article, I really enjoyed it. The F-14's were great for their time and the history behind them is incredible.

Elite F-14 Flight Officer Explains Why The Tomcat Was So Influential

Youre a teen? How old? Why does that mean you cant fly yet?

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Thats why we have the most superbowl rings in the NFL right? Because of how awful we are?

I don't care how many rings you have. I've hated the Steelers ever since Bill Cowher's ugly underbite scowl was coaching them, I can't stand Mike Tomlin, and I want to punch Ben Roethlisberger in his fat f***ing neck. Just everything about the Steelers is obnoxious.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't care how many rings you have. I've hated the Steelers ever since Bill Cowher's ugly underbite scowl was coaching them, I can't stand Mike Tomlin, and I want to punch Ben Roethlisberger in his fat f***ing neck. Just everything about the Steelers is obnoxious.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whose your team??

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

If only all above ground power lines were converted to the more efficient and practical form of underground power lines then there would rarely ever be any problems when it comes to blizzards and such. My street has underground power lines but not when it reaches the main road so there still can be a power outage but it's not going to come my street itself.
the fireplace is also about five feet to the right of my tank so heat isn't necessarily a big deal if an outage should happen but it can drop to mid to low 60s as it was before I added a heater for the switch from goldfish to tropical fish.
At least it's not like last year when it snowed in October before the leaves could fall. Honestly I feel its very unlikely to cause an outage unless someone either slides into a pole or if it snows when leaves are still on the trees. 90% of the time it's all about tree branches breaking.

Also why I love Gas stoves they kill electric stove in every way possible for cooking.

Ugh!! I was reading this thread the day after the storm. Then 530 am day after the storm I lost power for 12 plus hours... Wrapped my 75 g discus tank with foil and a blanket . Temp fell to 78 . Bought a battery operated air pump on my way home from work. Also threw a live plant in there before I left for work. Thank god all are fine. I think I jinxed myself by reading this thread lol

Joefish...

We were supposed to get crushed in Philly, we got one inch. Haha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If only all above ground power lines were converted to the more efficient and practical form of underground power lines then there would rarely ever be any problems when it comes to blizzards and such. My street has underground power lines but not when it reaches the main road so there still can be a power outage but it's not going to come my street itself.
the fireplace is also about five feet to the right of my tank so heat isn't necessarily a big deal if an outage should happen but it can drop to mid to low 60s as it was before I added a heater for the switch from goldfish to tropical fish.
At least it's not like last year when it snowed in October before the leaves could fall. Honestly I feel its very unlikely to cause an outage unless someone either slides into a pole or if it snows when leaves are still on the trees. 90% of the time it's all about tree branches breaking.

Also why I love Gas stoves they kill electric stove in every way possible for cooking.

I have to agree on many things you've said. Our area is all above ground wires and the stupidest thing in the world to have here. And yet rate hikes continue to rise because of "maintenance and repairs". Well duh !! I just see it as job security for idiots. As well, we can't have nice tree lined streets.

No fireplace here but the next one will def have it. I sure do miss it and still have the insert that I took from my place. And the irony of the situation ? I sold around 90 cord of wood this year and have about 20 on the ground ready to go still. Heat is the biggest worry with me if nobody's home since its electric but as soon as somebody is around to drag out the generator, problems are solved for the tanks anyway. And yes, I agree snow-tober sucked !!!

I'm in the same boat with a gas stove. Blows the electric away and will still work when there's no power. The electric igniters don't work but I can get by with one of the dozen lighters laying around. If all else fails, I can wrap the tanks in blankets and relocate the girl, the hamster, and two GSD's to the office trailer at the yard. Monster generator/welder unit and propane heat and a microwave.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

That knife still hasn't come... Probably from the fact that he had to be shipped halfway across the united states... I have a pair of african ropes coming too (stocking my 55)... I hope they are still alive...

Back
Top Bottom