If You Won The Lottery?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that's $250million AFTER the government is done taking half of it..

I would have a basement as one big fish room with lots of tanks and one wall that's a massive like 1000 gallon tank. Have them all plumbed for automatic water changes and top off.
I would also take like a big 300g tank and section it off with tank dividers for like 20 bettas in the middle of the room.

Before all that though I'd go to a financial advisor. Seen too many lottery winners end up broke.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'd build one huge room that is 50x50 and have a tank custom built in to the walls and watch fish swim around the room. I'd keep at least 300 corydoras, 50 kuhli loaches, 3 clown plecos, a few african butterfly fish, and probably a bunch of other active fish and it would be very heavily planted.

Tropical island with a huge tropical pond and a koi dome. Preferably SE Asian and all asian species.

I love my fish!!!

I would def need a full time employee for my aquariums

My fav part is the planning not all the maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would only want a cleaning staff if I had a massive let's say 100,000g tank! :) because that's just too much for one man!

I love my fish!!!

Guys, you can buy 60 acres of Peruvian land on the Amazon River for 12000 dollars... I'd get that!

I would get a shallow 1000 gal tank with a square footprint for an Arowana, some Discus, and some Senegal Bichir. Maybe some Severum or Festivum... Or a huge gibbiceps. I would also set up a drip system and save some for college. I'd save and give the rest to my parents and grandparents so they can have a house with a koi pond in the middle hahaha

Seriously?!?! Is it accessible? That sounds way to good to be true. If it's true it's my goal now duhhh

I love my fish!!!

I heard it on one of Dustin's videos. I believe it was the newest or second newest Jungle series vid. Check it out!

Guys, you can buy 60 acres of Peruvian land on the Amazon River for 12000 dollars... I'd get that!

I would get a shallow 1000 gal tank with a square footprint for an Arowana, some Discus, and some Senegal Bichir. Maybe some Severum or Festivum... Or a huge gibbiceps. I would also set up a drip system and save some for college. I'd save and give the rest to my parents and grandparents so they can have a house with a koi pond in the middle hahaha

Your telling me you have $250 million dollars and you still want to go to college? Lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would probably look into buying a house in our town that was on the market briefly last year. I think it may have been taken off the market because there were too many gawkers, or the owner just couldn't bring themselves to part with the sharks and rays...

A guy in our town is a big-time creator of gambling software for slot machines (I think he created the wheel of fortune slots for those who are familiar with them), has made millions. I'd heard about him building a house "around" a big aquarium back in the 90's, finally saw pictures of it during the 2 months it was listed last fall. When you google worlds largest home aquarium, you won't find his, but you will find some smaller diy tanks in the 10-20K gallon range. Unfortunately all of the images are gone since they removed the listing or I'd link them.

The dude has a 25 foot wide, 10 foot high cylinder tank in his barn/mancave/private office. The thing is amazing, black tip reef sharks, sting rays, etc. My guess is the aquarium is almost worth what he was asking for the house at the time. I'd relocate to that property in a heartbeat.

Your telling me you have $250 million dollars and you still want to go to college? Lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Weird I know but I would want something to do as I mature so I don't end up wasting all of my money.

At that price and with that money just buy Peru lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Might as well haha

I would set up something large enough to scuba dive in.

Yes!!! I didn't even think of that! I have only the baseline adult open water certification though. I need to keep up with that.

80-100 ft visibility when I was in st. Lucia.

I love my fish!!!

Buy a large house a new car and build a tank the size of a kids bedroom and fish that I can swim with and a lot of Kuhli loaches and angel fish

Sent from peliper

Back
Top Bottom