If your fish could speak...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would he or she say?

I thought this would be a neat thread and get some fascinating answers. So, join in!

If Weston, my yoyo loach, could speak, I'm pretty sure he would beg for a cup of coffee :morning: When I make a pot of coffee, he gets super excited and swims up and down the wall that is next to the coffee maker. It is so adorable<3

:lol: that is pretty funny.

I choose not to speculate what my fish would say, because they're sick and I may not like it :(

"Food, feed us, worms, we want worms, and wafers, and shrimps, give me, give me give me...."

Yep, glad they can't speak.

"The next time that guy sticks his hand into my house, I'm gonna GET HIM! Really, I'm not going to run and hide like I always do. Watch me! See here he comes...he's taking the top off...are you ready? Watch me get his hand OH MAN THAT IS A BIG HAND RUN RUN RUN HIDE HIDE HIDE...I'll get him next time. Just you watch."

"The next time that guy sticks his hand into my house, I'm gonna GET HIM! Really, I'm not going to run and hide like I always do. Watch me! See here he comes...he's taking the top off...are you ready? Watch me get his hand OH MAN THAT IS A BIG HAND RUN RUN RUN HIDE HIDE HIDE...I'll get him next time. Just you watch."

This is absolutely hilarious.

"Food, feed us, worms, we want worms, and wafers, and shrimps, give me, give me give me...."

Yep, glad they can't speak.

+1, this is definitely what my tinfoil barbs would say!

"FOOD FOOD FOOD! We're starving!" (community)
"I will attack you if you don't get me my pellet in .2 seconds." (bettas)
"We love clean water!" (all)
"We love surfin the bubbles, yo!" (black loaches)
"Get that bigger tank set up for me...NOW!" (corys)
"Why do these swimmy things keep trying to steal my wafers?!?!!" (mystery snail)

Black Mollies: "PEEEERRRRSSOOOOONNN! HI HI HI HI HEY HELLO HI HI HELLO HI HEY THERE HI HEY HI."

Black Neons: "Guys, chill. Holy crap."

Black Mollies: "FIINGGERRSSSS!! *kiss* *kiss *kisskisskiss* *kiss*"

Black Neons: "Pfft, whatever."

King Tiger Plec:

...(>_>)

...(<_<)

..."is it nighttime yet?"

Meanwhile...

Assassin Snails: *humming the James Bond Theme*

Ramshorns: "OH NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo...."

I'm sure my fish would say a lot of things. Some of them are probably:
"Thank you, Mom, you're the best."
Okay, I'm deluding myself.
My barbs are saying, "I am the bomb! This is my world, I just let you live in it."
My cardinals are saying to each other, "Hey wait up for me! Don't pass me. That's it! I'm turning around and you know you'll follow me. See, I knew you would!"
Little Mister, my cory, would say, "Hi! What's up? What's in here? *sniff* What are you? *sniff, *sniff* Oh, I see something, bye. Ooo what's that? That's so cool! *rooting* What's this? *sigh* Hi, Mom! Bye, Mom! Love you, Mom! *sniff* *stare* *sigh* Okay, they won't let me eat my cory food. Oh, wait! *sniff* There's more! See, ya!"

My cories would say something like this
"OH MY GOD THERES THE GUY WHO DROPPED US RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!" Peppered cory "He cant get you guys"
"DONT BE A FOOL RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Our angelfish would say "feed us human or suffer the look" (they eyeball you until they are fed)

Our pleco Gonzo would say "Where's the clown loaches?"

The clown loaches would say "Someone get this pleco off of us!"

Our kribs would say "We're trying to raise fry, we don't like being watched"

The rest of the fish "Ackkkk it's the hand monster again, now where will our favorite rock go"

A cory conversation.

"Where's the big hairy monkey this week?"
"On vacation. Love these auto-feeders tho, he never adjusts them right and we get a bunch more food!"
"Until it runs out."
"Well, yeah. There is that."
"You look fat."
"I swear I'm not overeating. Plus, he'll be back soon. I think."
"Mm hmm."
"There's always the guppy fry."
"You can't catch an algae wafer when it moves. Good luck with the fry."
"I'll wait for Big Mama to lay eggs for the 7th time. She's due."
"Ooh yeah. BRB."

Last edited:
A cory conversation.

"Where's the big hairy monkey this week?"
"On vacation. Love these auto-feeders tho, he never adjusts them right and we get a bunch more food!"
"Until it runs out."
"Well, yeah. There is that."
"You look fat."
"I swear I'm not overeating. Plus, he'll be back soon. I think."
"Mm hmm."
"There's always the guppy fry."
"You can't catch an algae wafer when it moves. Good luck with the fry."
"I'll wait for Big Mama to lay eggs for the 7th time. She's due."
"Ooh yeah. BRB."

HAHAHAAA! Love it! :D

Male guppy. "Oooooo she looks nice, I need to meet her and so does she and her and her Pretty Pretty Pretty they just so pretty, So many so little time gotta hurry."
Apple snail. " 5cm 4 minutes YEAAAHHHH now I need a nap.
Gold Gorami. I am going to hold my breath till I turn blue and then get cross and see if I can turn red Ha ha ha .

I'm back from vaca now... the corys seem happy enough, but my rainbowfish are p-o'ed... feeder ran out. Good thing I can't hear them talking....

I'm pretty sure they would be upset... This is why I love my roommate. She is an awesome fish-sitter, even if my betta loves her more than me.

Back
Top Bottom