Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Magagerie, BubbleyBlue, your grandmother is in my thoughts, I wish only the bestfor her.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:34 PM   #22
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by youronlysin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menagerie
Christian, you need to keep up with current events.
I know Rev. Butler and his crew lost their Hayden Lake compound...but I am sure that they are still lurking about down there.
They didnt lose it, they gave it up.
They lost it...it was seized to pay their fine to the woman that sued them. Trust me...I watched that case very closely, since Butler and his cronies had some close friends and supporters in a rural Alberta town, and there was some concern that they might decide to come visit their Canadian cousins.

That aside, Menagerie should be on Idaho terra firma by now....how you had a decent flight Menagerie!

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 02-26-2005, 04:52 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youronlysin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menagerie
Christian, you need to keep up with current events.
I know Rev. Butler and his crew lost their Hayden Lake compound...but I am sure that they are still lurking about down there.
They didnt lose it, they gave it up.
They lost it...it was seized to pay their fine to the woman that sued them. Trust me...I watched that case very closely, since Butler and his cronies had some close friends and supporters in a rural Alberta town, and there was some concern that they might decide to come visit their Canadian cousins.

You are correct...dunno what I was thinkin'. At least hes gone and his influence has dwindled. Hopefully it will continue to do so. Just hope Menagerie stays away from the ones that ended up in Montana.. 8O

She left me before we met.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
best of luck with your travels and grama and the interview

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 02-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hope Everything Goes ok about Everything!!

Dan
Old 02-27-2005, 06:31 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Let's keep it on topic Toirtis and youronlysin!

I hope your grandmother get's well. Have a good trip and enjoy it! Change of scène is good for a person IMO. You'll have allot to tell once you get back!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good luck with all. Does grandma, or where trevor's at, or your sister have a tank? Watching would really ease your mind. I hope everything works out for the best.
Irish Proverb

Ray

90 gal
9 L. Cearuleus
5 C. Moorii
4 P. Acei
2 N. Venustus
2 I. Sprengerae
1 unidentified Mbuna
1 Peacock with a slightly deformed tail.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
Try to have some fun in all of that! And we'll see you back here soon!!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

No tanks, no fish, no gerbils, no degus, and one cat that hates people. I will have to go see a friend up the street. Her cats are shy, but they will let you pet them.
FWIW, I am visiting my father's mother, who is not related to BubbleyBlue, so I am here by myself.

I made it safely to my father's in Idaho yesterday; although, I once again realized I suffer from severe separation anxiety. I always break down at airports (bad associations from early childhood on). I kissed Trevor good bye and while filling out my declaration form, tears started forming. I tried to maintain myself, but when the customs officer asked what I would be doing in the states, I burst into tears, out right sobbing, I was a mess. All I could say was grandmother. The poor officer, he kept saying he used to have tissues and that I needed to breathe. Since I know I am prone to break down at airports (dropping people off or flying off myself) I had a hanky with me and tissues in my purse. The plus side, my baggage was not searched, I was simply asked if I have any tools, knives or scissors. Totally humiliating! Last time that happened, Trevor dropped me off at the airport, so I could fly home to NY to plan our wedding. Happy occassion, yet I still lost it at the airport.
My emotional well being aside, my grandmother is home resting. She is very weak and gets winded easily. I was glad to see her and help out. My family (on my father's side) has a pack rat gene, so I went through he two car garage which is filled with crud collecting plastics to 'take to town" to recycle. My grandmother lives in a tiny town in SE Washington, where they can recycle newspapers, carboard and cans (finally), but not milk jugs and number 1 plastics.

That's all my fun and adventures so far. Please keep my grandmother in your thoughts and prayers, she really needs it to get stronger and while you're at it, I could use some virual support while I am here. I love my father dearly, but I would never befriend him if I met him on the street :sigh:

Old 02-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

good luck with everything.. call us at home.. we love you so much

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com