ill never drink cheep vodka again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Vodka has been my favorite since i had my first cranberry juice and vodka with cheep smirnoff vodka. Of course, I just had my 21'st birthday on September 20 and my best friend bought me a bottle of grey goose... omg, i drank some on ice and it was sooo smooth. And with cranberry juice it is excellent as well. I will not go back to cheep vodka ever!! I don't drink to get drunk, i drink just one drink usually with friends.

OH and my first "LEGAL" drink was a long island ice tea.. that was pretty awesome too.
I am excited about starting to taste wines.. my husband and I are going to a winery on his birthday so we can taste windes and see what we both like. I had a glass of Sangria the other day at lunch and i LOVED it... it was like grape juice! Very yummy.

You know, turning 21 is the one birthday i have to say is everything that you expect... I feel so much more cultured to be able to order a drink when i go out now.

lol, gotta agree with you on the cheap vodka!!!!

Now Jack Daniels and I, we don't mix... (or maybe that was the the food poisoning ...bleck!)

Hehe congrats on the amazing vodka!
Im more a tequila girl myself. You should buy a bottle of cheaper liquor to have around then that way.. after you've had a few drinks of the more expensive kind, you can switch to the cheaper kind and you won't know the difference! I so that with my Suaza and Montozuma tequilas =o)

Funny part is, that isn't 'cheap' vodka....now go on a binge with some cheap, real Polish or Russian vodka, and you will wonder how your eyeballs imploded. :lol:

Here's something that really hits home with me. Those that know me well know I love my vodka. I have a vodka martini every evening. Throwing caution to the wind the best tasting vodka is KetelOne. JMO. Drink responsibly and drink with caution. They can and do sneak up on you. :wink:

AshleyNicole said:
I don't drink to get drunk, i drink just one drink usually with friends.
Now where's the fun in that? You don't want to be falling down or hanging your head over a toilet but you gotta drink enough to get that warm fuzzy buzz.........just enough so you laugh a little louder and lose all sense of political correctness :lol: :lol:

Congrats on turning 21....that was a fun year if I recall correctly.

I'm a Jagermeister fan myself. Nothing gets the job done quicker then a few jager bombers. Good stuff.

LOL.. thanks everyone, yeah sometimes i drink enough to get tipsy, but i dont drink till i get sick... actually i only did that once when i drank for the first time, i had like 8 shots of tequila and a glass of Vodka on Ice.. the vodka was after the tequila so i don't even remeber what it tasted like, on top of that i hadn't eaten anything all day :roll:

But now when i drink i usually drink Gatoraid afterwards to rehydrate myself, otherwise i wake up with Dry mouth, but i can honestly say ive never woken up with a headache from drinking, just that dry sticky mouth.

Andos99 said:
I'm a Jagermeister fan myself. Nothing gets the job done quicker then a few jager bombers. Good stuff.
Ick i don't like Yager bombs, but Yager MONSTERS are awesome... like a smoothie, they are soo good... and of course a shot of yager is good too, nice and smooth.

Yeah Right! :lol: After the first 2-3 who cares!

J/K, I tend to prefer the top shelf stuff myself and enjoy it instead of chugging it. Of course I am a bit more aged like my alcohol than you. :wink:

OH, belated happy B-day!

Jager *blech* ill take shots.. but man...

Now, Kamakazi shots are great fun!

Normally if I get sick from drinking, it wasn't planned hehe. I like to have a good time, and I only drink stuff that tastes good.. sometimes it just catches up to you.

I like Jagermeister, but then, I have always enjoyed stomach bitters.

My poisons of choice are absinthe and a good, 15+ year-old single-malt.

Happy b-day! I didn't have my first legal drink until I was 24. I had quit drinking at 20 and just decided to have a drink on New Year's eve. Well, contrary to what the people of Alcoholics Anonymous* told me, I didn't go down in flames or anything. It's been 5 years and although I have gotten really drunk a few times, I've been ok. I usually drink gin martinis in the summer and manhattans in the winter. I still feel like a drunk when I get home from work at 8 AM and have a glass of booze from time to time :p.

toirtis said:
My poisons of choice are absinthe and a good, 15+ year-old single-malt.

I'm currently working on a bottle of 18 year Glenleven single-malt. Good stuff!

On cheap vodka: Don't know if you've seen this yet, but here's a humorous web page about a (not so) scientific experiment on filtering cheap vodka.

*There's a whole story behind it, I don't mean to offend friends of Bill W. or tell recovering alcoholics it's ok to drink. If you really need to know what that story is I'll be glad to tell you in a PM.

Im sure everyone whom is posting here is of leagal age. If not shame on you. Lets get back to our fishy lives now.

Now for giving alcohol to some seriously underage drinkers....

What are the opinions on using small doses of grain alcihol to encourage bacterial-growth in FW aquarium filters? Apparently this is a fairly common practice in Europe, and I have been hearing more and more about it lately.

I don't know much about FW but from what I'm to understand SW aquariums can benefit from a little tip of the bottle. I've hear cases of GHA (green hair algae) being controlled/eliminated by the dosing of a little vodka. Apparently it feeds the algae to the point of overgrowth thereby starving it of nutrients once the sugar in the alcohol is consumed.

C'mon guys doesnt anybody here prefer a nice cold pint of Guiness..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom