Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a goner

I wanted to tell you all that I have lost my mind. Most of you know that I am currently unemployed. You may not know that I am nesting and want a puppy. Keep in mind that we are moving back to the states at the end of March. Trevor has told me to not buy anything big and to go through my stuff--we need to move only what is necessary and of course the animals
Saturday, I bought 23 baby outfits that were on sale for $2.50 each. Some were from Kids R Us, Gerber and Disney. Yesterday, I was at the mall to get my watch fixed. The maternity store was having a sale. I tried on maternity clothes with the "pregnancy pillow." I bought two skirts, two pairs of pants, two tops, a little sweater and a baby cap. Trevor actually didn't mind that since we do want children...eventually.
Today I went to the LFS for airline tubing and came home with two new friends. I wanted to tell you all about my new friends before Trevor gets home and kills me. Right now, I can't tell them apart, but they are Degu1 and Degu2. They are everything I want out of a rodent. They actually sit still!! I love my gerbils, but there's something missing with them. We just haven't bonded well enough So, here I sit with a Degu under my ponytail wondering just what Trevor will say (hey—at least I didn’t buy the cute black and tan puppy). I am so dead, it was nice knowing all of you.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Menagerie, have you seen that Visa commercial where all of the pairs of shoes follow the girl home like stray puppies? That excuse can cover you for the degus. Tell Trevor that you have your hair down (not in a pony tail) at the pet store, and that they must have jumped underneath and followed you home

As for the baby clothes...well, I'm of no help to you there. I almost ran away from a baby this morning...don't think I'm quite there yet

Old 01-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
have you seen that Visa commercial where all of the pairs of shoes follow the girl home like stray puppies?
Yes I have!!! The Degus did go in my shirt while at the store

Old 01-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Oh my Menagerie! I've put in a call to have the RCMP on standby. The clothes can be "hidden" can't they? Just tell him that the very "large" bag contains your "unmentionables". As for the pets, I totally agree with Sara. These things happen to all of us don't they? There's also a commercial of a can of Chef Boy Ardee Ravioli following a little girl home too.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Look at it this way, you saved those poor little guys from a sad, sad life in the pet store. And really you cant pass up good deals when they are that good. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Girl, you got it bad!!

Call 'em chinchillas and explain how exotic and desirable they are, and they will bring you good luck and fertility - no problem. I see nothing amiss in your behavior, makes perfect sense to me.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

I just thought of something...bribe him with these kudos
Old 01-25-2005, 07:46 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awww, degus are awesome. I always wanted some myself. Congrats on the new additions. Can't wait to see the pics. Hopefully Trevor takes it well.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
degu? whats that
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Somebody owes somebody big time. I can here it now.....

Honey you know that <insert whatever> you have been wanting? Well I was thinking.......

If you were a guy I'd say you better have flowers. Good Luck!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com