I'm baaack.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
As these things tend to happen, I got so busy with so much that my ability to spend almost any appreciable time online was severely curtailed...but I now find myself with a few semi-spare hours and have decided to tackle my backlog here (15,000 new messages!) and try to get myself somewhat current.

Glad to have you back...was really worried there since the last time you were here, you were getting your daughter ready for Halloween. BTW, how did it turn out?

Jchillin said:
Glad to have you back...was really worried there since the last time you were here, you were getting your daughter ready for Halloween. BTW, how did it turn out?

Good...we did the Corpse Bride (I found an actual wedding dress at a local thrift shop for $20)....with some make-up, some latex protheses, etc (which cost me more than the dress)...and it was actually snow-free and about 50ºF for trick-or-treating, which is a rare thing up here.

Toirtis said:
Zagz said:
Welcome back. I've been a tad worried about you too. Glad to see you are back at it.

Watch out...I've started haunting the Saskatoon forum, too... :twisted:

Great! I recently joined the Regina Aquarium Society and they should be upgrading to forums in the New Year. We can haunt them both!

Nice to see you back! Was starting to think you fell in one of your many aquariums and got scarfed up by a hungry fish/monster (you decide!).

Blazeherd2306 said:
Welcome back! Just curious, but what is that fish in your avatar?
That would be a juvenile Polypterus endlicheri endlicheri (AKA saddled bichir) displaying the external gill structures that are prominantly visible in the juveniles of this species until about 6 months of age.

Semi-rare....type "Polypterus endlicheri" into google, and there is a bit there....otherwise, I can answer all questions. Here is a full-sized pic:

Attachments

• end02.jpeg
    end02.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom