I'm bored with my tank... HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a tankful of guppies, with three Cories. It's ten gallons. I'm getting really bored of it but I don't have access to most nano fish. I love my cories, it's the guppies that bore me. No females have had fry recently at all and I have had NO male fry. I'm tired of a tank filled with fish that all look the same. I'm getting rid of most of the guppies tomorrow, I hope. I want to keep my two males, a group of young fry, and three females. My store won't accept anything under about an inch so once most of the fry(1/2 inch is the smallest one, most are close to 1 inch) grow out I will sell them to the LFS also. There is one fry I know I will be keeping. So that makes for probably 6-8 guppies, plus three Cories. I hope to be able to set up one of my 20s soon and stick all the fish in there until I move them to a 55.
But I need ideas! Please, un-bore me!

It seems like your tank is full. You can get some cool inverts though. Have you considered shrimp?

I am getting rid of most of my fish. I should have only 6 or so guppies that I keep long term along with the Cories.
I don't believe that 3 Cories and 6 guppies in a 10 is stocked fully since I do large weekly PWCs.
Plus I have tanks that I will be dividing the fish into soon that are larger.
I don't love inverts as I have a mystery snail already that is huge that I will be getting rid of.
I haven't had much luck with ghost shrimp and don't want RCS at the moment.
I'm looking into nerite snails- I want 3 for each of my tanks.
I know tetras are a bad idea, along with any other schooling fish.
I may get a few male guppies. I've got about twenty females and two males. Of course, in the end I will only have about four females.

Trust me. You're full. The guppies alone are a full stock. Including the cories is pushing it. Have you considered experimenting with some different plants?

I am also very tired of my guppies. IMO they are very overrated

Guppies are pretty cool for a first fish but most people get overwhelmed by all the babies. I have a pair of endlers that I breed for feeders and I still get giddy every time I see a new batch.

Don't get me wrong, I love my guppies. But every single fry that has been born recently is a female and I want more color.

I recently got a small tank for my kitchen got 6 red and black guppys I've kept fish all my life guppys are colourful but I understand what yr saying about the females they are dull and basically are breeding machines,

I also have a 14 year old synspilum cichlid in my 120g juwel vision 450 this is my pride and joy

Attachments

• image-3940777338.jpg
    image-3940777338.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom