Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Cool! Have fun!

29 gallon under construction
Old 08-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I start next week monday 9am-3am, but the guy wasn't very professional when i called him. I kinda got the idea that i would be only be cleaning fish tanks for the whole week.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #13
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Thats pretty much how most people start out in independant LFSes, so don't be discouraged.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 09-20-2005, 12:42 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I've just managed to get on the net at the library. I have completed work experience. Here is some highlights:

Well, i cleaned lots of sponge filters. I did lots of gravel cleaning and water changing. They had GOLDEN BN Plecos and i really wanted one!! but they were too expensive as they were AU$ 35 and one of them died in that tank. I also medicated tanks for columnaris and fin rot. There was a crayfish and the tank had no lid but one morning i didn't see the crayfish there, so I asked my supervisor if she sold it but she hadn't. Then i told her it was gone and we found that it had walked away out of the tank and died 10m away. A bit funny but unfortunate.

I also unpacked 2 new shipments of fish. it was really exciting to watch new fish come in huge plastic bags in insulated crates. They got lots of cichlids and plants too. The lfs also gave me discounts on everything i bought. I unpacked bettas too. 21 bettas arrived in these tiny astic cups. There were some hustomers and i sold a woman and her daughter a betta and tank. i got a free crested java fern clipping too.

I also did some retail: unpacking new products and pricing and reorganising on the shelves. It was okay.

There was also this humongous fish: a mangrove jack. i watched it get fed live er goldfish. a bit grossed oout but it was funny to see it stalk this little fish. I also learned a brief introduction to discus and saw many expensive ones too.

The lfs owner has this african chichlid , im not sure which one but it is black and white stripy sort of and is apparently quite rare. there are only 5 of these fish in australia and he has managed to breed it. he is now the only breeder of this fish and so he can sell its young for heaps. I saw the fry of this rare fish and of others and breeding tanks in the back room and the fry are so cute. they have all the detail of adult african cichlids but are mini versions. so cute!

so thats about all i can remember.

oh and it is school holidays and i have just finished drawing a visual stocking and aquascaping diagram for my tank in full colour. it took hours to do on adobe illustrator. ill post it and let you guys give feedback if i find a way to get on the net again.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com