Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #11
kansaschick08

how rude!! (said like stephani tanner on full house) that's not cool though..

Old 06-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
I would definatly hide the fish pellets and put up a little stick it note that says "Don't feed me, I bite" or something like that

Anytime my sister came over id have to hide the fish food cuz she would just dump some in the tank.. so i know how mad that can make a person

good luck

Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to SsSarahsS
I had a similar thing happen webmoose with my SW tank. I live with roomates and one of them was having a party, I specifically said before I left for no one to touch the fish tank. Of course they didn't listen. I have my lights on a timer and I guess they were trying to turn them on to see the fish. Somehow they shut the power bar off (which runs the filter and heat) When I came home after the weekend my tank had a thick film on the top of the water and the temp had dropped from 80 to 68. Thank god my tank ended up being alright and I didn't loose any of my $150 + livestock. I would have been devastated
Old 06-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

OMG that's horrible! This is something that I worry about around my house, since I have so many tanks and two very bold, busy, inquisitive 4-year-olds. I used to let them help me feed the fish when they were tiny but I soon stopped, and now the rule is nobody can touch anything associated with my tanks but me - period.

I am sure whoever is doing this does not realize what could (almost did!) happen, so maybe keep the food in your purse or in a locked drawer so there is no way to get at it without you there.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
I had a deal like this happen here at my house a few years ago. I came home from work to find my oscar tank FULL of pellets. My two kids were trying to help me out by feeding the fish and dumped the WHOLE can of pellets in the tank. I couldnt get mad because they were young and after all they were trying to help.
What a MESS!! I had to use the python to suck them all out.
Thank God they were not in there very long.

Anyway,

Lori Im glad you caught this early and hope it doesnt cause problems for your betta.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
K, I did like an 80% water change and there's still more food in there, but that will have to wait till monday. Don't want to shock my little buddy. I'll do another 20-25% on Monday.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Wow, there's still more food in there? Can you tell from the food container how much they may have dumped?

Like TankGirl said, I'm sure whoever it was doesn't realize the consequences of massive overfeeding, but then again, the fact is that someone tampered with something that they had no business touching. I hope your little fishy is ok!

Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
thanks guys. He seems to be doing alright. The container only had a little whole in it to dump the pellets out in, and I don't remember last time I "felt" to see how much was left.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

:shocked: Definately time to hide the pellets!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com