Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I'm very upset

I have a 2 gallon betta tank that I have had on my desk in my office for about 2 or 2 1/2 years. I have never had a problem anywhere near or like this before. I saw some weird glob formation on the side of my tank so I went to look closer, and I see betta pellets, lots and lots of betta pellets on the bottom of the tank, floating, stuck to the filter intake, on the side of my tank. It's disgusting and I am very upset and mad. Like I said, I have had this tank on my desk for 2+ years and have never had a problem before. I feed him mid-end of the work day only a few pellets. Sometimes co-workers come in and ask to feed him and they do it like I tell them to. I showed the office manager when she was in my office and she thinks possibly the cleaning people brought their kids in with them last night. Looks like I am gonna have to hide the pellets from now on. I will add some fresh water today to top off the tank, but I am bringing in a vacuum and a bucket tomorrow to get them all out of there. I am just so upset.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

maybe leave a post it on the tank that "this betta is an attack fish, and will jump up and bite the fingers of any smallish person that might place fingers close by"
Or this one might be easier... "DO NOT feed me"

That stinks that you have to even worry about it. Lets hope it doesnt happen again.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
the good thing is you noticed it before major damage was done...I would be upset too.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody
maybe leave a post it on the tank that "this betta is an attack fish, and will jump up and bite the fingers of any smallish person that might place fingers close by"
Melody, you've met me, you know I am a smallish person!

Hara, yeah, I am very glad I noticed this now.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

That sucks Lori. Glad your betta is ok. I shudder to think of other possibilities that could have been put in there by the "cleaning peoples children". Melody has seen me and I'm a big person. I'm one who might wait around for the cleaning crew.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hehe... I can see us all now... sitting behind the desk after lights out, waiting for kids to ambush....
Ok Lori... so your a smallish person, but your Betta likes you... hey, guard dogs dont generally attack their owners... so whats the diff?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Lori...I can certainly understand the frustration (not at being small) but having others interfere with your property, not to mention the fact that they are fish. I like the idea of ambushing the perpetrators though....

*On a side note...I did have problems reading the title of your post..
Old 06-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am glad your little fish is ok. I would be SO mad. Its not only bad for your poor fishie but someone took something that did not belong to them and used it with out asking. That is what really gets me.
A funny story about a lady I knew... she had some kid from her day care decide her fish looked hungry, and dropped a hotdog in the bowl. 8O that poor fish did not make it.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
*On a side note...I did have problems reading the title of your post..
I have no idea what you're talking about

Old 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
I can relate to the public tank problem.. I've had a few of my own at work.. The one that freaked me out the worst was someone kicked off the power to the heater and filter on my brichardi tank.. I wasn't pleased.

Hope your fish makes it thru this ok.

Mooose

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com