Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, I'm not that bothered about the testing but everyone needs to do a water change.

Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular
When I first got my tank, second hand, I couldn't afford a brand new one. I impulses bought a pineapple swordtail on the first day and put him straight in (after research I know this was a very bad idea) however, I still have him now an have never (touch wood) had any issues with him!

Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
come get me tang police!

I impulse bought my EBJD.
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
Impulse Polypterus Delhezi when all I had was a 20Long.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left."
Aquatic_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
Mine was a oceanic biocube for 100$ on craiglist.. 2 days later ~50pounds of live rock ~live sand( only used what I needed) 2 clown fish 2 gobies, star fish and a CUC on CL for 100$.

Did I mention I know nothing about saltwater?

Thankfully my lfs is babysitting my stock while I figure out what I'm doing.
Sharkbait54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak
A pair of Guppies in a 125. The plan was to have them reproduce and supply some live food for the rainbows. They tended to nip at my rainbows was not happy with them and gave them to the cleaning lady. A betta. I still have him. He's been around 2 week. Almost made it to the bottom about an hour ago a group of rainbow fish became interested and the betta retreated back to the floating plants. I'm glad to see he's trying to get around. I never had betta not blend in with the other fish. I believe he's happier in the 125 than in a 16 ounce cup.
Wroberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by Predfan27

Not to burst anyone's magical bubble, but I've been a very successful aquarist and have been keeping fish for around 10+ years. I don't test my water. I do weekly water changes though.

I actually have a 29g right now with 7 Rummys, no casualties and the are very happy. But I couldn't tell you for the life of me what my parameters are!

That being said, I'm delving into the land of intense planted tanks. That means I will be testing water soon as I need to know individual parameters for specific plant needs.

I do advise doing water testing as it can tell you if something is off with your water and what fish would thrive best, but I've been just fine without it.
Ok I'll take it into consideration
TenaciousTriggerFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak
Went toy awesome LFS a couple of weeks ago to buy a German Blue Ram. Ended up with him, 3 whisker shrimp (still can't find much info on them, but they are doing great) and a pure black bar endler male. I couldn't believe they had these guys! Now, I just cycled another tank an am receiving 3 pairs of endlers this week! Talk about an impulse buy.......it turned into a serious problem! Hahahaha.....the wife wants to kill me! And now I'm bugging her for another tank because Petco has the dollar per gallon going on! I think I need to join group therapy.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-739812692.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	116769

There's Joey! Hahahaha.....my daughter named him! He's like half an inch. I thought he was toast when I first put him in the the tank. He was chased for an hour, and the black skirts all gathered up and eyed him for awhile. Now Joey chases everyone else around. Go figure....
creic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
I impusle purchased my apistogramma borelii. All doing well.
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Regular
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418345521.604292.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	258127 This is like the best thing ever, around a 45 gallon tank, although I will use it for reptiles. It is still a steal though!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

preyas1207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com