Ipod Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my dad give me his old 1st generation ipod nano about two months ago, and i am just getting to hooking it up to my computer.

My dad insists that there was no software that came with it, and all i need to do is plug it into my computer and it will pop up saying to install stuff for it.

Welll, when i plug it in it recognizes there is something in my UBS port, but it just makes that little sound when you plug it in and thats it.

I am using windows XP home edition

Its really making me mad, i want to put my music onto this thing so i need your help. Im so tech challenged!

I've never used one, but check you "my computer" and see if it has added another "drive". Like the C drive is usually your main hard drive, then there might be a CD ROM or DVD (E drive) and then another one that should be the ipod...but that is just a guess...

Have you checked Apple's website to see if you need to download some software or drivers? Everything usually needs a driver, especially if it's one computer company's hardware on an opposing Software... :mrgreen:

(I personally don't like Apple hard or software cos their stuff lost a lot of coursework just before exam time at the end of school!!! :evil: )

Ipods require Itunes usually to work best. Download Itunes for free from apple's site.

I really apreciate the help everyone.

But after hours of rumaging through the junk in my dad's office i finally found the "non existant" software :p

I knew there was software to go along!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom