Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-20-2005, 12:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to Flutterby21782 Send a message via Yahoo to Flutterby21782
QTOFFER that is teh best I've ever heard, maybe I can put that in effect next year. With the two families I doubt it, maybe at least some.

I have a dog named Daisy, she is a husky/lab cross, and an itty bitty Pitty named Maggie
Socks, the orange and white domestic short haired kitty.
A guenia pig that has yet to be named.
3 Bettas in thier own gallon in a half brandysnifter.
I have fire belly newts too.

~War doesn't show who's right, it's shows who's left.~
Old 12-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good outlook QTOFFER, I'm with you. The winter months are always more stressful...its a fact that people suffer depression and stress more-so during the winter months. Part of that just has to do with the lack of sunlight, or exposure to it. Go to a tanning booth once in a while during the winter months. The goal here isnt to cook yourself and get a tan, but a tanning booth can offer the same benefits as being in the sun...it aids in the bodies production of Vitamin D which, a lack of, has been linked to depression and stress. Its a great boost and you can feel the difference. Try it!

I almost dated a psychic.....

She left me before we met.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by kyektulu
I am not looking forward to xmas at all.

The spirit of the season has lost its cause with me. All the holiday is about now is presents and how much you spend on them.
Don't let the masses control how you celebrate Christmas. Only do the parts that have meaning to you. If your friends are so stuck up that they need presents to stay your friends, maybe you need new friends. Within your family, you have the ability to influence attitudes, by displaying them yourself and proposing alternate activities that have more meaning.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I have decided to cut one thing from the baskets I am making (0ne less thing to bake) And I am going to use the krustyz pie crust mix instead of making it from scratch. That will ease the burden a bit. My daughter has been such a sweet little helper with the cleaning, a 5 yr olds help is better than none I will try to keep myself from going crazy, but there is still that underlying hum of holiday stress. Just 4 more days...
Old 12-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Reading these posts has helped me realize that I'm not as stressed/bad off as I thought I was!

Hang in there everybody, and remember to enjoy this time for what it is - try not to let it drive you crazy.
46g community
7 Australian Rainbowfish
5 Cherry Barbs
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 12-23-2005, 04:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
I stay cool as a polar bears toe nails. lol
For Sale: Brand New Filstar XP3. In Box w/extra Media. $80 obo shipped.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
All I can say is, I'm glad it's over. Really good dinner though, my husband cooks!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:39 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
I had enough leftovers to last for days, then an idle conversation turned into a Dim Sum cooking demonstration for my mother in law. I'll be in leftovers for more than a week!

Closed Thread

starting, stress

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com