Is Fish-Keeping Ethical?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No offense meant towards your brother. I was just in an exceptional situation at that age. I shouldn't compare myself to others. Sorry. :flowers:

But, I'm sure, in the long run, the fish will appreciate the attention you are going to give them. (y)

It's all good he's a younger brother...there's not a lot of love between us. He only saw me with my tanks and felt jealous when I bought the 10gal so he claimed it and I was enthusiastic at first to help him. Oh well there's only two platys in there that are juvies so I'm gonna plant it heavy, RCS, CPDs, maybe a threadfin or psuedo pair.

You only have to type 'betta tank' into ebay or Amazon to see how unethical and down-right irresponsible some fish keepers can be. Makes me so angry. Especially as companies make and sell these monstrosities, allowing naive people to think it's acceptable.

I feel I am a responsible fish keeper but I have looked at my tank before and wondered whether keeping them is ethical. It's a tricky one. They are healthy and (seem) happy, without any risk of predators so I think they are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom