Is it me??!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your son is too cute! I can hear the hum when you are up close but not when you take a few steps back. Probably just the quiet in the house. Gotta say my filters are quieter - I run marineland penguin 350s along with some little cheapo HOBs on my two living room tanks (30 and 56 gallons) and all I hear is a little splashing and only if the water level has dropped due to evap.

Your son is too cute! I can hear the hum when you are up close but not when you take a few steps back. Probably just the quiet in the house. Gotta say my filters are quieter - I run marineland penguin 350s along with some little cheapo HOBs on my two living room tanks (30 and 56 gallons) and all I hear is a little splashing and only if the water level has dropped due to evap.

Thank you he's a funny little guy!! lol. I was thinking of dropping the water level a little. I'd rather hear the little water trickle. Kinds weird it just started

Yeah I like the trickling sound so I don't top off the freshwater tank between changes. Seems like I have to add a bucket to my salt tank every other day though, even with a glass top. Drives me nuts but at least I don't use RO water in it. It's not a reef and isn't ever going to be - puffers aren't reef safe and the tank doesn't even have a light at the moment. I'm saving for a light upgrade and haven't bothered replacing the broken fixture in the meantime.

So, did he give up the butter without a fight? He reminded me of my younger cousin - when she was maybe 5 or 6 we caught her sneaking off to the bathroom to drink the cup of garlic butter sauce that comes with papa john's pizza, and she would drink the drawn butter for seafood if no one was watching it.

Yeah I like the trickling sound so I don't top off the freshwater tank between changes. Seems like I have to add a bucket to my salt tank every other day though, even with a glass top. Drives me nuts but at least I don't use RO water in it. It's not a reef and isn't ever going to be - puffers aren't reef safe and the tank doesn't even have a light at the moment. I'm saving for a light upgrade and haven't bothered replacing the broken fixture in the meantime.

So, did he give up the butter without a fight? He reminded me of my younger cousin - when she was maybe 5 or 6 we caught her sneaking off to the bathroom to drink the cup of garlic butter sauce that comes with papa john's pizza, and she would drink the drawn butter for seafood if no one was watching it.

Haha yeah he gave the butter up no problem, for a trade of course.... My phone lol

Ok I REALLY think that intervention is going to required now, I'll bring the adult beverages since it's not related to alcohol.

HAHHAHHA This is priceless! Dino is being so serious with his himming issue then - cut to the 'mini me' shot of what he learned from dad...then back to the issue....then OH NO! BUTTER!!!!! HAHHAHAHA

A little butter never hurt anyone. But the humming sounds like it was caused by the impeller. Try pulling it out and coating it with a thin layer of vasoline.

Yeah, I've heard that impeller sound, and it was sand-related x_x

Your kid is breaking the cute barrier... I'll have to try eating some butter, looks like fun. :D

Thanks everyone!! LOL!! An intervention huh? lol you don't hear it right? It's me right? lol. My son is like I'll just help myself to butter and whole milk while you tape your fish there big guy hahaha!!!

Sure I hear it but I don't think I've ever owned a filter that's truly silent, you should hear my fish room with 20 sponge filters, 10 aquaclears, and a FX5 running. I can actually hear the bubbles upstairs!

And Butter Boy seems like a handful!:lol:

Last edited:
Sure I hear it but I don't think I've ever owned a filter that's truly silent, you should hear my fish room with 20 sponge filters, 10 aquaclears, and a FX5 running. I can actually hear the bubbles upstairs!

And Butter Boy seem like a handful!:lol:

Haha "butter boy" lol!! Good one!! So I'm crazy then haha, figured as much. And if I was to enter your fish room is probably need a few beers lol!!! Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Back
Top Bottom