Is MTS contagious???!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, usually my husband HATES it when I bring up getting another tank. He hates shopping for them or anything else fish related. Today we were at petsmart and ended up looking at tanks. He saw one of those "corner" tanks and was so interested in it. Then he, on his own, went to a LFS to check out prices.
He calls me and says, "They have a 92 gallon corner for 1100 with overflow and lighting and stand. This is a really good deal, lets get it."

I was like HUH???

I said hold on and I'll be right there. In that time he found a 75 bow and a 48 gallon bow that he liked too. He was like, excited. It was strange.
So tomorrow we're going back and probably buying the 75 and the 48!! And then just a little bit ago, he got out of bed and said, "I think I know where we could fit that 92 too.

WTH is going on!?!?!

Wohoo!! There is hope for the non-fishy spouse yet! What I did with my wife is I "gave" her one tank as her own. Slowly, she is becoming more interested in the maintenance of the tank. Obviously, you must be doing something right so now he feels he can get into it.

Wow...I could only hope/wish/pray that I would get that type of support. You must be doing something right...you have a convert on your hands. :)

Get those tanks quick!!!

Its the weirdest thing. I think it may be that we had a mishap with my flowerhorn where she almost died, and I think it made him realize how attatched he is to her.
Or it could be that I am really interested in starting a maintenance business and he wants me to have some nice show tanks (plus I need some hands on SW experience). Those are my guesses.
I dont want to probe to deep and mess anything up :D
This just came out of the blue!! Usually hes witching about how my tanks are taking up so much space. Maybe he fell yesterday and had some brain damage :lol:

I thought it might have had something to do with the interesting shaped tanks he was looking at.. corner and bowfront tanks look a little more interesting then a rectangle to some people.. heck look how the cubes are selling as of late! :mrgreen:
btw. congrats on the maintaince business front! Sounds like a blast to this fish geek! :D

Go with the flow baby!
My passion actually started with a tank my hubby bought and never got around to setting up, so he is totally supportive too.
Don't forget to post pics when you get them up and running ;)

Hmmm, lets see hates tanks, now is wanting to get additional tanks??? If we take out the possible bump on the head leads me to two ideas. Has he broken or thrown away something he wasn't supposed to, your mother's antique china, relatives ashes, etc... or any good deals on trucks, motorcycles in the area. The other possibility would be you lucked out like my wife and got a great husband. lol

LOL. Hmm hadnt explored the guilt front yet!!! I don't know what happened to him. We were visiting my mom around 10 pm and my brother hadnt installed some sod that was getting ready to die, so my husband said hed do it!! So he and my younger brother were out until 2 am laying sod!! Twilight zone is passing throgh bay area, be aware!!! LOL. Or he really did something bad I havent found out about yet!!! :lol:

Well we bought a 48 bow and a 75 mag flow bow today!!!! YIPPPEEE!!! If it wasnt like 105 degrees today, it would have been a perfect day!!! I think we got a pretty good deal on both. We got a whole 100 dollar store credit for buying 2 tanks, but hey better than nothing! For the 48 it was $471 for oceanic stand, canopy, tank, and glass top. For the 75 it was $719 for mag flow tank, oceanic stand, canopy and glass top. So thats a pretty good deal, right??? Please say yes :) Both tanks were marked down about $200-300 from original price.
The 75 they ordered a new one from the factory for us because the floor model was scratched, and will be here next wednesday.
New tanks !!!! :multi: :multi: Yea!!!!!!!!! :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

I used to have a similar situation with my girlfriend until she was thumbing through one of my fish magazines and noticed the chilids and was hooked! Now she's the one talking about new aquascaping ideas and different plants we can add. After we move next month, she wants to upgrade to a 120 gal! I'm excited..... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom