Is there a way to "play" with angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I absolutely ADORE my 5 angels and I'm wondering if there's any way to interact with them whatsoever. They recognize me (I've owned them long enough) and they get really excited when I walk in. I sit there at least once a day everyday on a chair and stare into the tank and run my fingers across and I've let them nibble at my finger before. I think they may even know what my camera (iPod) looks like and does because one of my special fish (Gracie -- profile pic) is VERY photogenic and likes to stare right into it and I always show my fish the pictures for fun. I love to bond with them.

I guess I'm wondering if there's any way to bond more with them.

These are freshwater angelfish by the way.

And YES! freshwater angelfish learn the face of their caretaker!

Attachments

• image-3935767407.jpg
    image-3935767407.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 116
ours "wags" its tail when we walk by, and gets all excited when it sees you holding the fish food...

I play laser

I absolutely ADORE my 5 angels and I'm wondering if there's any way to interact with them whatsoever.!
I have one of those thermometers that stick on the tank. But I can not read it.
So I have a laser "gun" that I shot the water for temperatures. And I shot all over the tank to check for any variations. Well all the fish, but most especially the angels go nuts, and chase it. And yes, I am very careful not to get the laser close to their eyes, or any of the other members of the tank. This is my community tank with four angels in it. My cichlid tanks, that I also shot for temperature, they really don't care. So I do think it is an angel thing, they have such fun personalities. :fish2:

My angels love to chase me around. If i am doing something on one side of the tank they will dance for me and follow me. So adorable, and im now going to go find a lazer......

I have one of those thermometers that stick on the tank. But I can not read it.
So I have a laser "gun" that I shot the water for temperatures. And I shot all over the tank to check for any variations. Well all the fish, but most especially the angels go nuts, and chase it. And yes, I am very careful not to get the laser close to their eyes, or any of the other members of the tank. This is my community tank with four angels in it. My cichlid tanks, that I also shot for temperature, they really don't care. So I do think it is an angel thing, they have such fun personalities. :fish2:

What kind of laser are we talking? I'd say I'd love to try that :D

Mine dosent, they probibly hve a lazer thermometer, ( thermometer with a lazer to test water temp)

Any laser pointer will work, even one from the dollar store. I've never known a fish to not chase it.

When I had angels they recognized me for sure. They couldn't care less if anyone else walked by, but when I came within maybe 4 feet they went nuts playing at the glass. As for the laser idea, my bettas and neons love chasing mine.

Can you purchase one of those lasers at your lfs? Just curious I'm sure mines would love it.....

It wouldn't have to be the laser gun thermometer. A $3 cat toy laser from Walmart or a pet store works just fine.

it dosent but they make a lazzer temp reader. and yes its fun i have 3 of them that i use to play with all mine

Back
Top Bottom