Is this legal???????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

Is it legal to hold private gambling games via email?

We can invite are friends over for a game of poker but can it legally be achieved online?

What if you have a website that advertises the game and sets the rules? I would presume this would be illegal because you are advertising an unregulated gambling game to the www .

Where is the line?

PS, Mods, can you edit this thread if it is against regulations instead of deleting it? I'm on to something awesome here :!:

Legaligty would probably depend on your country. I removed the bit about your offer. While I dont see a problem with the disussion of gambling I cant support it by having such an offer here.

The offer was an example, I don't have the website running yet :)

We can invite are friends over for a game of poker...

In most states even THAT is Technically Illegal. Even nickel, dime, quarter poker, like me and my buds play, is against the law! Now I've never heard of a game like that being busted, but you do hear of large-stakes poker games in private homes being raided from time to time.

Thats just plain crazy! 8O

We should be able to do want we want with our money if it dosen't hurt anyone.

I mean gezzz, why dosen't the government just brand us like sheep and get it over with :?

My 'brain fart' will contribute to various charities. Charites will gain 50% of my profits so this isn't a 'money hungery' business venture. It's a give and take thing :wink:

fishfreek,

I assure you I will not advertise here. I'm just after some regular advise and opinions from this community.

corvuscorax said:
We can invite are friends over for a game of poker...

In most states even THAT is Technically Illegal. Even nickel, dime, quarter poker, like me and my buds play, is against the law! Now I've never heard of a game like that being busted, but you do hear of large-stakes poker games in private homes being raided from time to time.

I'm not too sure about most states, but where I live you have to follow one simple guideline. The game is legal as long as their is no "house" taking bets. We all get together and play some five card draw, legal. We play blackjack against Mark, that makes him the "house" and that makes the game illegal. Slot machines (ran like they should be) are illegal. Craps is illegal as well. But if all involved are on equal ground playing a game of chance and/skill then it's a little different...

BTW, I used to play a lot of poker and got this information from local law enforcement. I can't speak for your municipality... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom