is this overstocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
lol, this guy deserves to be in a pond. I was checking craigslist and came across this. the guy said its a 10g tank... i figured i better post the pictures instead of the link because every time somebody posts the link, it gets deleted before everybody gets to see. If i had a pond, id go get it... theyre only asking $20 for everything

Last edited:
Stay-puft comet. or what used to be a comet, better not forget to feed that guy.

LOL! Yeah, he looks hungry. His body probably quit growing, but not his organs. Poor baby! Do you have any Japanese gardens around you anywhere? I wonder if they would take him and you could have the tank. That is a good deal and it looks really clean!

yeah im sure some kid will get it or something... im amazed at how clean it looks in those pictures... with a goldfish that big, i just wonder how theyve kept it so clean. Theres no way im getting it... even my 150g would be too small for that thing lol... though i could stick it in the pond with the bass and catfish lol

its clean because its up for sale.....

Check local chinese food diners and such, most around me have aquariums.

wow... the upper right picture makes him look like a 'gold pacu'...

speaking of which, the admins really should have made a sticky out of that "fish that shouldn't be sold as pets" thread in FW... I see the pacu ads all the time. Here's text from one from this week (the pic is only of an empty tank, so I'm not including that):

20 Gallon Tank
Whisper Power Filter (with extra filters)
(2) Whisper Power Heads
Under Gravel Filter
Hood, Light, Heater, Gravel, Stand, and Decor.
Fresh or Salt (salt requires different gravel - crushed coral- not included)
Had to move my Pacu to a bigger tank.

they should name that goldfish Cartman.

i thought i had seen it all... the above was overstocked... what would you consider this? lol... heres the text from the craigslist ad...

"To a good home: 55 gallon fish tank with Pacu and Oscar fish. Comes with heater, filters, chemicals, fish food... Wood table/stand with Fish Tank=$300, don't need stand: $250.00. You will need to pick up but I will help load. Will be moving across country and would prefer not to put fish through it. Thanks"

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP. Prefer not to put fish thru it???? LIKE THE SITUATION THEY ARE IN NOW???? Omg, people.....I feel so bad for fish...

well i just read through this thread and its actually quite funny that pacu's were brought up with the last ad i posted. That fish is huge, it would require a 200g tank to keep it happy. I dont even know how a feller could transport that thing, it would take a 100g rubbermaid container!

look at the thread in the general discussion/freshwater section. We've posted several "omg fat pacu" ads since it was started. One CL ad that keeps coming up here in Ohio is a guy who has *3* pacu bigger than the one seen here, in a 55G. They look kinda bored.

Back
Top Bottom