Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
A) this is quite literally the city center when tourists come through (especially from the east coast) we get called a village...lol! It is very quaint and quiet, and people are genuinely friendly!

B) is Edmonds marina...you see this in almost every city or neighborhood that sits on the sound, and in some cases you see quite a few more than one...I keep waiting for someone to see me walking by, and offer to take me out on their boat, but alas! No such luck...YET! Ha...

C) Is one of the country's first underwater parks! It is 20 acres of underwater playground for scuba divers, and the ocean life that we enjoy so much! The first structure sunk here was a dry dock back in 1936...originally to protect the ferry slip-way from filling in with sand, it was quickly realized that it also provided an artificial "reef" cold water style, and so now every once in a while they will sink boats here in order to build on the artificial landscape...I believe there are something like 10-15 boats downed there now, and when those boats disintegrate they bring in more to sink to keep building! A very cool idea IMO!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-548835822.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	39459   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2361829867.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	39460  

Name:	image-3714519610.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	39461  

Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice pictures and info, its a great weekend to enjoy the PWN, I need to go down to the Edmonds waterfront I haven't been down there in awhile.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Last but not least (for today) is one of our beloved Washington State Ferries! This particular route goes from Edmonds to Kingston...it is a 6 mile distance across the sound, and takes about 15-20 minutes...this particular ferry is the "Walla Walla" named after one of the central cities of Washington! Walla Walla is the city that produces much of our apples, our famous onions, and is also the home of our state penitentiary...the ferry is one of the 4 largest in the fleet. It is sister to the Spokane, the Puyallup (pronounced Pew-al-up NOT Poo-ee-lip...lol) and The Tacoma. Each ferry is named after one of two things, a native American reservation, or a city (which quite frankly are mostly named after native American reservations or the actual tribes themselves). In Washington we take the heritage of the Natives VERY seriously, even if we are not natives ourselves...Seattle as a settlement (like many American settlements) wouldn't have survived with out their help...with that said the ferry in Edmonds is quite an old tradition...started before Edmonds was founded in the 1880's it was how settlers got up here from Seattle...I guess I'll add more if I think about it...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2445522521.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	39463   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4143619161.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	39464  

Name:	image-3927071038.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	39465  
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogurako
Very nice pictures and info, its a great weekend to enjoy the PWN, I need to go down to the Edmonds waterfront I haven't been down there in awhile.
It's absolutely beautiful, today...the pics could be better though (iPhone...) thanks for the encouragement! I always think it's cool to get the insider view on places, even if I don't ever get to visit! Feels more personal...so I thought I'd share my city with everyone
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler

It's absolutely beautiful, today...the pics could be better though (iPhone...) thanks for the encouragement! I always think it's cool to get the insider view on places, even if I don't ever get to visit! Feels more personal...so I thought I'd share my city with everyone
Good idea for a thread people sharing their cities. Unfortunately there isn't to much cool stuff in everett.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha...ya Everett...true...haha!! Jk...you have the naval yard! 3 sports teams...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is true and all within walking distance of me.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That is true and all within walking distance of me.
There ya go so you have at least 4 posts! Hahaha
Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am not much of a sports fan so maybe just 1, well unless I take pictures of my LFS that i go to all the time
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I am not much of a sports fan so maybe just 1, well unless I take pictures of my LFS that i go to all the time
Haha! Fair enough...sports aren't for everyone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com