Its 2 big for your tank brooo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to start a thread about people's friends that have a fish that is way to big for there size tank or a fish that someone see's that is way to big for that size of a tank. Lets see how this goes!!!!

I have a friend that just started saltwater and he caught a sand shark and put it in his 75g bowfront tank. I told him its way to big for the tank and it needs to swim to breathe.

image-2586821584.jpg

I have a friend that just started saltwater and he caught a sand shark and put it in his 75g bowfront tank. I told him its way to big for the tank and it needs to swim to breathe.

And it needs to be round. They like to swim and can't swim in that one cause he's bumps his nose and can get injured. All shark tanks are oval or circle.

Could also include 'its too many for your tank' I took this in the street in Japan outside a restaurant. There must be over 100 fish in this tank!

Attachments

• image-1242755586.jpg
    image-1242755586.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 319
Could also include 'its too many for your tank' I took this in the street in Japan outside a restaurant. There must be over 100 fish in this tank!

That's a lot of fish. Wish I had a 500g..

My neighbor has two 10 gallon tanks with like 3-4 rather large (and stunted) common goldfish... and 3 red eared sliders in a 20 gallon. They were formerly in a 10 gallon. She now knows the tanks are way to small, but doesn't want to give any of them up, however she has decided not to replace the goldfish when they die and she will go to more suitable fish. She also plans to get rid of all but one turtle... I wonder if I went over and tested her water for her she might rethink things a little...

This tank was only 2" by 2" I reckon - lucky to be a 75g! It was unbelievable. You can't see but there is like 3 yellow tanks, a couple of flame angels a couple of foxface a and around 15 clowns! On top of what looks like 40 blue damsels... Crazy

This tank was only 2" by 2" I reckon - lucky to be a 75g! It was unbelievable. You can't see but there is like 3 yellow tanks, a couple of flame angels a couple of foxface a and around 15 clowns! On top of what looks like 40 blue damsels... Crazy

Here is the video he took. He is throwing it back Sunday when he goes back out. http://youtu.be/CxXfOn8M3Ug

My friend said she had two 55 gallon tanks. One was freshwater with lots of mbuna and a few bala sharks. The second tank was saltwater with a yellow tang and a few other fish

The sad thing is no matter how many times you say the fish needs a bigger tank, the owner rarely listens.

I know, she says " fine ill upgrade!....... To a 40 gallon with the red tail cat, gar, a barracuda, and an arowana

Back
Top Bottom