It's NEW BETTA DAY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whoo HOO!! I just decided it's new betta day... I'm off on the hunt for a new betta today... First stop Petsmart... Second Petco if I don't find anything stunning. I'm looking for unusual and gorgeous markings.
My new Petsmart by me keeps containers well cleaned and the bettas are active and not lethargic lumps.
His or her new home will be a 10g-- fish in cycle.

YAY! It's a happy day...

Starka said:
Yay! You can finally get another betta! Good luck searchin! ;)

I want that one I found last month! Remember turquoise and purple! Maybe I'll get lucky...
Oh... And preference.. Crowntail, Veiltail or Halfmoon?

Lucy in my 29 is a Veiltail so I kinda want to get something else.
That Petsmart has great quality with great fin condition.

I want that one I found last month! Remember turquoise and purple! Maybe I'll get lucky...
Oh... And preference.. Crowntail, Veiltail or Halfmoon?

Lucy in my 29 is a Veiltail so I kinda want to get something else.
That Petsmart has great quality with great fin condition.
Halfmoons are a bit more expensive, but are MUCH prettier. Petco would be the one with halfmoons.

I've always loved crowntails, they always look so spunky. Halfmoons are my second favorite, they have the most wonderful coloring. Are we getting a male or female?

That particular Petsmart has: Veiltail, Crowntail, Halfmoons & Dragonscale .... Dragonscale reminds me of dropsy!

phoenixkiller said:
Halfmoons are a bit more expensive, but are MUCH prettier. Petco would be the one with halfmoons.

Halfmoons at that store are $7.99. It's worth it to me...

I got my Veiltail betta I have now on sale for $1.99.

Starka said:
I've always loved crowntails, they always look so spunky. Halfmoons are my second favorite, they have the most wonderful coloring. Are we getting a male or female?

Not sure on sex yet... Im going for COLOR first then type and sex.

I took #1!! That clear mixed in is just fantastic... Gorgeous boy!!
Hmmmm name now... Will have to see his personality once I release him.
Oh.. (sheepish look) I bought a female guppy too... She will go in my 20g

ocminpin said:
I took #1!! That clear mixed in is just fantastic... Gorgeous boy!!
Hmmmm name now... Will have to see his personality once I release him.
Oh.. (sheepish look) I bought a female guppy too... She will go in my 20g

Congrats on your fish!

Wow.... There's something about putting a betta from a tiny cup into a 10g palace...
I got the tank all ready and netted him in... He started taking long strides, stretching his fins.
Exploring everywhere ... Peeking cautiously into the cave... He appears very friendly.. The only thing he's flared at is his reflection in the heater! Ha!

I am very proud to introduce (no name) in his new digs...
This is my first betta that has had a proper setup from Day 1. I'm so grateful to you all for your advice, encouragement, and love of fish these last 6 months.

image-3177182582.jpg

image-1259171455.jpg

image-3146564133.jpg

I'm soon going to get a glass top and light strip to brighten everything up. It's just got cheap hood lights...

Back
Top Bottom