Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
Congrats!! Looks like a beautiful place to go.. You guys look great also..!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissamustang
I saw all of those wonderful pictures! You too are so beautiful! So what was your favorite and worst experience?

How long was the plane ride? Was the food there different? Anything really good tasting? Ok sorry all the questions......

Favorite Experience - Climbing the Dunns River Falls .... really amazing!

http://www.dunnsriverja.com/

Worst Experience - The Catamaran ride to the falls ... the weather was kinda nasty and we were sailing through NO LIE ... 20 foot swells!!

The plane ride from Florida is only 1 hour and 20 minutes.

The local food is different, a lot of fish, Jerk Chicken and Pork! One of the local favorites is Ackee and Saltfish, I only tried a little and didn't really like it that much! My favorite had to be the Escovietched Snapper with Pigeon Peas and Rice or the Conch and Lima Beans, MMMMMMMMM!!!!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 02-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
Congratulations!!! Wonderful pictures & what a great place to get married!
29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Best wishes to the newlyweds Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures!

Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
I was in Jamaica (Riu Ochu Rios) for a wedding in November, got to go snorkelling, but I didn't bring any gear and couldn't stay out long (size 9 flipper on my size 13 flipper).

Very friendly people. (and there were 4-5 weddings / day where we were.)

Congrats. (does she still want a honeymoon :S)
Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Congratulations on your marriage. You two make a beautiful couple and thanks for sharing the pics. It's winter up here so it is nice to view a warm tropical place.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good luck. Hope you are more successful at marriage than your football team is at winning. My wife made me say that.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

I recognize that resort. Was there this past July. Fun place, but the disco wasn't too good after the entertainment. Great food and fun people. The wife loved the piano bar and pool spot. And of course the late, late night viddles in the grill shack nearby.

Liked it so much there, we went to the new resort next door in December, the Riu. You're right about the countryside, looking at the variety of homes and disparity of wealth. I was spellbound on the ride back and forth from the airport. And just think, kids in school year round and in uniforms.

Dunns River Falls is such a beautiful place, but the "gauntlet" of vendors while trying to exit was kinda funky at times. I'd still do it again though. Did you make it to the "fence" on the beach? Another adventure.

Many congrats on the union!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 02-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very cool that you know exactly what it was like. The Disco was absolutely horrific, we went one night with 3 other couples and were the only ones in there! The Piano Bar was our favorite as well ... we stayed up until 2am singing almost every night!! And yes who can deny the late night munchies at the grill shack .... MMMMM MMMMM GOOD!

I have heard The Riu is not that great compared to the Sandals Resorts. We met many people that said if they come back they will stay at Sandals instead.

When we went to Dunns River Falls we skipped right through the vendors unnoticed, which is amazing because they were everywhere! Ahhhh yes "the Fence" we got hastled everyday we went to the watersports area ... Hey Lady Lemme Braid your hair, Hey Mon you need some shirts, hats, keychains, necklaces, earings, cigars ... etc.

Whatever you need they had, no joke! It was like Jamaica Wal-Mart! LOL

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

The Riu has kids first of all. Haven't been to one without mine before. The RIU was really laid out nice and the disco was jumping EVERY night (Wed thru Sat) we were there.

The only problem I had with the RIU was the food. They havent figured out how to keep stuff hot yet in the a la carte places. The reservation spots were also dissapointing. The Riu drinks were REALLY short on booze, but they had no problems with doubles.

Did they have the beach party/dinner while you were there? Roasted pig and all? That was good.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Closed Thread

Tags
pictures, vacation

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com