Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh yeah .... every Monday and Thursday, the restaraunts closed down and the Pig Roast was on!!! I stuck with mainly local dishes ... Escovietch Snapper, Conch and Lima Beans, and Cracked Conch.

What I liked about Sandals is NO KIDS!! Couples only resort catered to adults. The bartenders were very nice at Sandals and would make the drinks just right ... I enjoyed a drink called "Malibu Boy" ... very good!!!

And same thing with Sandals and the a la carte places, the food was cold as soon as it hit your plate! Kind of disappointing.

God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 02-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
I have some pictures of the roof of sandals, when I was at the Riu it was under renovation, I assume it's better now.

The RIU (ochu rios) is nice, food was good (albeit cold at times). and watch out for those meat hooks on the floor (storm screen anchors) I had my foot gashed on one 2 days into our vacation. 1" right between the toes.. The nurse/carpenter there is nice (it was a joke since it was a male nurse)...

When we went down they were only open for 1 week, so massively under their persons limit of 1600 or so (I think there were 400 when we got there, 1800 when we left) so things started off great but you start noticing the lack of washrooms and organization as the place fills up...

I'll have to try Sandals out next time.. But next time will probably be the Mayan Riviera.

and the guantlet out of Dunns is not my thing, I probably would have bought something had they not been so pushy..

Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #33
AA Team Emeritus

Yeah Sandals was closed I think when I was at Riu in December.

Wiz, I think Mexico water is too chilly for me in the winter. Jamaica water was good. Of course Mexico has the better scuba and snorkelling waters hands down.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Closed Thread

pictures, vacation

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com