Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to fishstixs05
JEBO, why so cheap?

If any of you have gone to www.aquatraders.com , can you tell my why the stuff is so cheap? I just bought a 4x55 water CF strip with bulbs for $60.00!! ww.peteducation.com has the coralife with same wattage for $240. This place also has a 10 gallon nanocube with light+filter for $30. It just doesnt make sense how theirs is so much cheaper than other places. "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills"
-Mugatu, Zoolander

Thanks
Ben

Old 12-15-2004, 07:38 PM   #2

I believe it is because its built in China at a low price. I purchased a jebo light for myself and have had it running for over a week so far with no problems. It does heat up but it hasn't made an impact on my water. If you live in higher temp areas than maybe a fan would be useful but I live in Santa Barbara. I have a constant temp of 75 degrees. However I have purchased a protein in-sump skimmer made by Jebo and it isn't the easiest to setup or maintain. If you want insurance, go with quality name brands, although my lights are working properly.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

We also have a jebo skimmer and a jebo 24" light. I actually thought the skimmer was a great improvement over the seaclone and the light is great. It had a clear plexi cover over the bulbs and it was getting hot, so I took out the plexi because I have a plexi cover on the tank. Now there is a 1/4" gap between the light body and the tank plexi so I get a little bit of air between and it has cooled it off considerably. I am also very pleased with this particular brand and it's economic price. I got both on ebay for very little money.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
Old 12-15-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to PK Tester Send a message via MSN to PK Tester Send a message via Yahoo to PK Tester
Ahh I was considering setting up a 10gal saltwater with one of their light systems but the wattage is just too high isn't it??
Old 12-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mine is a 20g and has 24" 130watts on it. I don't think it's too much light. It looks great.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
Old 12-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, that light is a little on the low side (13 watts) for a nano reef. It could keep some stuff sucessfully.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh, you mean the 110 watt system. It would definatly work on the tank, but i consider it a little overkill, could easily turn into an agale vat quickly.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is that site Reputable?

Cause, I was going to build my own light system for my 30gal, but that 36inch PCF 110watt powerstrip is so cheap! It would be cheaper for me to just buy it from that site then build my own.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:14 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just got the 24" 65 watt pc from aquatraders.com the other day..... No problems with the order at all. Came the day they said it would...
The light did shut itself off the first full day of use..... Got hot........
After that I left the door on the stand open and its been fine.. I need a fan for under my stand. Very well built little light. I will say that my corallife 65 w got hot also.. I like the fact that the ballest is not in the light housing on the 65w unit. I think this will help the ballest last longer not getting very hot.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
Old 12-16-2004, 10:02 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

then I will definately get my lights from them. Thanks

Tags
jebo

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com