Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2005, 03:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Just makes me sick

For those that know me, you know that I am quite conservative in my beliefs. Except when it comes to this kind of stuff. Just sick IMO. Glad someone is fighting back. Beautiful animal wasted, for what!!
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/sharktourney29.htm

Old 07-31-2005, 03:18 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to flamingonhot Send a message via Yahoo to flamingonhot
contest of killing sharks?

What the heck is that about. I hate it when people think you can just kill an animal like that because it doesnt have feelings or its too stupid....... well i think some people are stupid but i don't think its right to kill them.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

If anyone is interested in sending a nastygram to folks that can do something about it, there is info here.
http://dive.scubadiving.com/talk/rea...1311#msg-31311
Old 07-31-2005, 03:32 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have no problem with hunting (I could never do it though), fishing, what have you if you are using the meat for food, clothing, etc... I am SO against hunting only for sport. I just don't see how its fun to kill something. Its pretty late so I only scanned the article, but one of the scientists said they depend on the tournament to get subjects for their studies. They NEED 50 sharks at a time?? Some how I doubt that.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:41 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I have no problem with hunting (I could never do it though), fishing, what have you if you are using the meat for food, clothing, etc... I am SO against hunting only for sport.
Agree 100%.
Quote:
but one of the scientists said they depend on the tournament to get subjects for their studies. They NEED 50 sharks at a time??
Killing a 12-14ft 1200 lb Tiger Shark is good for nothing other than grabbing media attention and maybe feeding some hungry testoterone levels.
Why not tag and release? A shark that old, I'm sure they could learn much from in this way.
I gotta get some sleep, this really got me going.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:38 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
So,its against the law to make pitbulls and chickens fight, but its a-ok to have sharks fight, aired on TV no less.
That is the most disgusting thing imaginable.

What person comes up with this?? Prolly the same person who came up with the idea to make eating an official sport.

I'm glad someone is taking a stand to this. It just supports (and breeds) more hate towards living, breathing things... regardless if they are in the water or on land.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:57 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

And they're trying to justify this useless killing in the name of SCIENCE!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are creatures that have been around much longer than us; and deserve our respect as they are such intelligent creatures.

is not it against the law 8O ........
That is wrong!

Many people do not respect such creature because of the natural instict i.e. to attack no matter animal or human. More people are attacked by house hold animals even fish lol than what they are off sharks!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

BTW I know it is not exactly, what we are talking about but it is a shark.
In one of my recent magazines I bought it says that " The Red Tailed Black sharks (Freshwater) are now extinct in the wild, due in part to over-fishing for the aquarium trade" I know its different as these sharks can be bred in captivity and well those huge tiger sharks could not. But it just goes to show how much humans are effecting sharks and other wild animals.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dive with sharks from time to time and they are not the monsters that the media makes them out to be. This was from 2 weeks ago in Turks and Caicos. They are beautiful creatures and definately the highlight of the dive. So smooth and sleek in the water and very much needed in our oceans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark_790.jpg (43.4 KB, 21 views)

Tags
ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com