Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
you think thats bad? I had a friend who's parents were landlords and they called me in a panic one day. apperently one of there homes they rent was vacant for about 4 months with no heat or electricity in the middle of winter. The last tenants left behind 6 terrariums built into a wall unit like the pet shops have...every one of them was full of snakes! they hadn't had any heat, light, water or food in months!!! I took them all home, fattened them up and bought them better tanks and equipment, now they are part of the family lol. I got 3 ball pythons, a very pretty black snake, a rainbow boa and a ton of garter snakes that I ended up releasing into the woods behind my house. Its a real shame what people will do to some animals that they claim they " love "

I love my clown loaches and red tail shark!!! lol
tropicfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow that is awful! Reptiles are amazingly resilient! I'm glad you were able to rescue them!!! It sounds like they found an excellent home, stories like yours are what keep my faith in the human race as a whole! Thanks for sharing

20gH Planted tank, 5g Planted tank
1 Crested gecko who has a 60g Hex paludarium in the works
2 Dogs, Leo an 11 year old Bichon/poodle mix, and Cody, a 3 year old Poodle.
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!
Karackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
Snakes *shiver* I dont do snakes EVER but I cant imagine leaving pets like that. I would guess since it was winter that the snakes survived by hibernating as they would in the wild during colder months
I luckily live where there really are NO wild snakes bears coons and coyotes are plenty tyvm. But I am glad that these snakes found a home they are still part of God's creation, and even if they are horibly upsetting to see watch look at or touch they deserve still deserve to survive (just far far away from me)
And yes I have a good reason for not liking snakes, No it isnt all reptiles just a few minor and one major incident involing a 6+ ft (appanently hungry) boa me at the age 6 and a scared look on the handlers face when he saw what the boa was doing. But *twitch* I really didn't let that effect me *twitch*

Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
nyrmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com