Just saved at least a dozen bettas!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatyLady

Aquarium Advice Freak
A couple was thinking of using bettas as their centerpieces for their wedding. I went on and on and on - I think they just wanted me to shut up, so they're going back to their original candles on mirrors idea.

LOL - being longwinded can be a good thing!

Oh thank goodness! I have seen this done on TV and just cringe, imagining all of the people who see that and think it is a great idea, and then send a betta home with the guests. 8O

I've seen this done ONCE humanely. A couple I know put an add in the local paper for people who already owned Betta's to use them in their wedding, and believe it or not enough people had Betta's that they got their wish, and then they all went back home to loving families after the wedding was over.

I'd say if you couldn't garruntee that the Betta's got to go home to people who would take care of it then you have NO business using them for a wedding.

I liittle of topic, I went to the local Walmart last night at midnight, and all but one of their betta's where dead on the shelf, out of like 30, SO SAD!!!!

Johua...

EWWW! How sad poor little guys......

It makes me sad when people ues bettas as decoration and could care less about the well being of the fish. And when a little kid begs their mommy for a goldfish and the mom picks up a bowl and some cheap food for the kid to put it in!!!! :evil:

nyghtone-
Even if they had owners after the wedding.. the actual "being the center piece" part of the job is VERY stressful for a fish. Switching homes, loud noises, table movement etc etc isn't ezakly a peaceful, healthy enviroment.

At least they had homes to go back to.

If it were me.. id buy those glass floaty fish on a string for the fake aquariums =o)

Switching homes, loud noises, table movement etc etc isn't ezakly a peaceful, healthy enviroment.

Not to mention the drunks that could knock them over...

All my Kudos to you PlatyLady for being "longwinded"...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom