Just won 5 bay betta tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
Today the new LFS in town (that I LOVE) was having a give away and I won the main prize! Got this 5 bay betta tank valued at $80au.

image-4018271279.jpg

It came with these incredibly tacky ornaments so of course I gave them straight to my kids to destroy. Obviously its too small for Bettas since each compartment only 2L (just under 1/2 gallon). I don't really know what I'm going to do with it. Maybe some mini scapes with a single RCS. Or I could take it apart and put it back together without the dividers making one tank.

Congrats!!! Winning stuff is fun, isn't it? lol especially when it comes to fish

Well, you could turn that into a perfect beta tank, if you remove the dividers, the water will be 2.5 gallons, so then you will have space for a beta, and it is good since it is long and not too deep

Cool! I think making it one tank would be really cool :)

I'm thinking one or two ATM.

Congrats!!! Winning stuff is fun, isn't it? lol especially when it comes to fish

It is! So unexpected. I had 3 tickets and there where people there with 10+.

Well, you could turn that into a perfect beta tank, if you remove the dividers, the water will be 2.5 gallons, so then you will have space for a beta, and it is good since it is long and not too deep

I am thinking that. Managed to get one divider out. Wasn't that hard surprisingly. Thinking a 1g section and a 1.5g section.

A 1g and 1.5g would be enough for bettas , they need at least 2+ gallons

after putting sand and decorations you will probably only have room for one happy betta! i wouldnt put a betta in anything under 2 gallons i would just do one betta if i were you. btw congrats!! i wish i could win something aquarium related lol

Not even sure of the stock for this tank. A betta is a possibility. then so are other fish and shrimp. Because of the footprint its got a few more options than a standard 2.5g. I'm sure there will be a build thread when I get around to actually thinking about. :p I've taken all the dividers out and found a light that fits perfectly!

image-3620212332.jpg

That's awesome! I'd really love to have one of those for myself someday!

A betta would be a great idea!! Maybe you should get a betta off of Aquabid they have some really nice fish!

A betta would be a great idea!! Maybe you should get a betta off of Aquabid they have some really nice fish!

I would love to be able to get fish from aquabid but due to quarantine laws getting fish shipped from overseas is complicated. I did get a betta from Thailand recently. He was shipped to Aus, then had to go through quarantine in Brisbane, then was picked out by my LFS owner, then transported 1 1/2 hours to my town where I picked him out of a batch of 100 or so.

I'd go with shrimp. You could use the red crystal shrimp or my favorite, halocaridina rubra. It is endemic to Hawaii but some people sell them online. You can ask your Lfs to order them. They are brackish water so you would need to use rocks in the layout.

I'd go with shrimp. You could use the red crystal shrimp or my favorite, halocaridina rubra. It is endemic to Hawaii but some people sell them online. You can ask your Lfs to order them. They are brackish water so you would need to use rocks in the layout.

I'm not exactly sure what shrimp are available in Aus. The ban on exotic shrimp trade was only recently lifted. Due to money constraints the tank probably isn't going to contain anything too rare or expensive. Probably just common cherries.

Shrimp Tank!!! With cool DW sticking out the tank top and do your wonderful magic scaping!! :brows:

? I am so incredibly broke right now. I have to go searching for some! Lucky I'm an equipment hoarder or this tank may never happen. ;)

I'm not exactly sure what shrimp are available in Aus. The ban on exotic shrimp trade was only recently lifted. Due to money constraints the tank probably isn't going to contain anything too rare or expensive. Probably just common cherries.

dde0a I am so incredibly broke right now. I have to go searching for some! Lucky I'm an equipment hoarder or this tank may never happen. ;)

My LFS has chocolate, banana, ghost, cherry and crystal shrimp. All but the red cherries are $15-$25 EACH 8-0

Wish we could send you some! And they wouldn't suffer through the trip!

Ordering if possible. Or get some new fishie / shrimpie friends! Or trade for some!

Back
Top Bottom