Just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm just wondering if anyone has this problem.

I'm the only person in my house hold that has a Fish Tank and everyday my younger brother makes fun of me for having fish and my interest in them. I don't know why he just does. And I was wondering if anyone has any family or friends that makes fun of them for having fish or being interested in them too.

Another thing I would like to add is today while in a store I was seeing about getting a Betta and while looking at them one of the employees asked me if i needed any help, of course I always say " no, just looking" he then said "ok" then started talking to this other employee next to him saying how he hates fish and doesn't see the point in them, if he wanted to waste his money looking at fish he would just buy a dvd of them and how he thinks people that waste money on fish are idiots then started saying how cats are so much smarter and better and just kept going on and on while I was right there next to him looking at betta's. Well after hearing all of that I just left. It just made me sick to think people can be so rude and have no respect. So I started thinking if he and other people don't like fish fine, but don't bash and make fun of people that do. I just wish if people have nothing nice to say, that they just say nothing at all. I wonder why some people hate fish so much.

I would like to hear other peoples stories.

Well I have a phrase that I like to use but the moderators would punish me for it! LOL
Don't worry about what others think, myself I won't own a dog , too much of a pain, I don't want to pickup their crap, give them baths, take them to the vet and when it comes time to pay for them to be put down, but to each person they have their own right.
But if you sell fish for a living then you should get into it, that's why I always ask the sales person if they have any tanks?
If not then I don't deal with them.

how he thinks people that waste money on fish are idiots then started saying how cats are so much smarter and better and just kept going on and on while I was right there next to him looking at betta's. Well after hearing all of that I just left. It just made me sick to think people can be so rude and have no respect. So I started thinking if he and other people don't like fish fine, but don't bash and make fun of people that do. I just wish if people have nothing nice to say, that they just say nothing at all. I wonder why some people hate fish so much.

That's because some people don't see fish as pets ... just fish. Personally I think 1/2 the people who feel that way about fish wouldn't know how to properly take care of them.

People who make fun of others are usually covering for their own insecurities. Putting someone else down makes them briefly feel superior. As long as you know, and respect yourself, you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom