Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Keep dreaming...

Do you have a dream tank? Let us know what your dream is... like the one I am posting below, it doesn't have to be an attainable dream...

Some day...... when I'm extremely wealthy....

I plan on building a house of stone... I don't mean that exterior siding stuff. I mean solid stone... like at least a foot thick walls... no 2x4s, no plywood... stone or brick, but something really solid. The living room would be round and the center of the house. There will be a good size fireplace or woodstove, benches and such.. on one side of room would be a glass wall, a curved glass wall to a room that will be a sort of terrarium. It would be the size of an average bedroom, or larger... there would be a foot or two of soil and much and walking stones... small trees and bushes, lots of moss... and definitely a waterfall with a little stream flowing through the room. I would have it loaded with differnt types of frogs and other critters, and some fish in the stream...
On the other side of the living room would be another glass wall except this one would be for an aquarium... again the size of an average bedroom or larger. next to the aquarium would be a room where all the filter and such equipment would go as well as a ladder to a platfor where you could climb up and get into the aquarium. Then I could swim around with all my fish. I'd have some cool plants and stuff in there and possibly an airhose to stay under water as long as i need to.

well, that's just the basic idea... the rest of the house would be just as crazy but I thought I'd focus on the tank ideas.......... someday.......

keep dreaming...........
I will...........

Backyard Fellowship
Old 12-11-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would just love a tank big enough to scoot around with my scuba gear on. That would be cool and get some fish that like being fed by hand.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
As far as a stone house, there is some neat things you can do with concrete. You get styrofoam blocks and build the house as if it were made of legos. Then you fill in the mold with concrete and rebar. It is amazing how solid and energy efficent these houses are.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
another tank...

Chances are I'm not going to be building my dream tank anytime soon... however, if I ever get the land I'm trying to buy right now I do plan on building a greenhouse. I plan on making my own bricks out of all the clay that's around here. I would use the bricks for a foundation/low wall. I was thinking of making the walls out of used glass jars, like all the applesauce jars we go through here... Not sure yet how I'd do the roof.. but inside..
Of course being a greenhouse I would have plants. I plan on growing mostly useful plants. If I can make it tall enough I'd like to plant a ctirus tree or two.. I would grow veggies and herbs so I have a constant food supply, that sort of thing. The other thing I plan to do is have a little pond, maybe with a stream sort of thing, and waterfall... I might put a few fish in there but I know already that I will keep frogs and toads and stuff in the greenhouse... They'll eat all the bugs for me and will be fun to watch. Of course I'll have a bench or two so I can sit and enjoy it all. This is another sort of someday type of plan, but a someday that is a lot closer than my previously mentioned "dream tank"...
Backyard Fellowship
Old 02-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to skys Send a message via MSN to skys
dream tank eh?

i would take something big enough that i can live in and i would get a sponge a starfish and a squirl in the tank to live with me...

and a bunch of other little critters.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
My dream tank right now is a BW for bumblebee gobies. It will become a reality one of these days.... The real dreaming comes into the decorations. My fiancé likes a tank that reflects the fish's original habitat. I am tired of natural tanks. I want to find the perfect castle decoration and black gravel so the castle stands out. I had found what I think is THE castle, but I have only seen it on-line. Since moving to Canada, I realized how lucky I was in the US--free shipping on certain orders!!! The castle I think I want will cost an additional $20 to ship. I'm just not ready to spend that on shipping an aquarium decoration!
Old 02-13-2004, 08:28 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
My dream tank...

It would be one thats so ecologically balanced that it would never need cleaning, waterchanges, or anything
30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
Old 02-14-2004, 12:55 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Anything large enough to keep a pair of dolphins in. I made a few dream tanks in Zoo Tycoon with the Marine Mania expansion pack--fun stuff. Nothing like keeping a sperm whale in a fishtank .

One of my other ideas would actually be a great exhibit for an aquarium. Start with a huge map of the earth painted on the wall, and then cut out sections for fishtanks, and have species from that area of the world in them.
~Mike Shaw
Shawmutt.com. Blogs and Pictures of the Massively Multiplayer Offline game, Real Life.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:36 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
I want a reef tank that I can have a fairy moray eel and an octopus in. I looove my grandfathers tank with the octopus, It would come up and give you a look with those goat's eyes and change colors and gently curl its arms around where your hand was against the glass....soo neat!! I want one! that or a cuttlefish.
I don't think I could keep a crab alive! Marine was not the end he taught me *sniff*!
"Fish! Thank You! Oh, tropical huh? Did you buy a heater? Auuugh!"

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Old 02-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
another dream...

another dream tank is one that goes around the enitre house... in the wall I guess, water circulates all the way around the house and each room would have views of it...

Backyard Fellowship
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com