Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kids and fish.

For those if you with kids, so your kids name your fish? Last night I was doing my PWC and I was moving rocks around to get poop and junk vacuumed up, and my raphael cat swam out after I moved a rock and its belly is huge! I said man that fish must eat like a pig! Not long after my 3 year old son named my raphael cat 'piggy fish'. I also have a platy that I've had since it was a fry and its pregnant now... And my son has named it super fish lol. Some of the name she comes up with crack me up. I think piggy fish is the funniest.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nemo the betta and so at the pleco is called Om nom nom. Like the fruit roll up commercials. Yea.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

My daughter has named our two ADFs Hume and Fume. No idea where she got those from.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

One of my girlfriends has a single goldfish. Her daughter calls it Willy when she's looking at it from one side of the tank and Wonka when she's on the other side. Periodically she swaps sides. When asked about it she says "Goldfish are mysterious creatures."

I asked her one time how she knew the fish was a boy. She looked at me with this serious face and said "Goldfish are much more open-minded than you are."

She's 9. Talk about precocious!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Psjh forget get kids I have a platty that was yellow with red cheeks and I named It pikachu !

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2146005523.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	175281

Pikachu is a Pokemon... I grew up with Pokemon so it is a fitting name.

Incase you don't know what pikachu looks like

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1973336743.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	175282
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankelephant View Post
One of my girlfriends has a single goldfish. Her daughter calls it Willy when she's looking at it from one side of the tank and Wonka when she's on the other side. Periodically she swaps sides. When asked about it she says "Goldfish are mysterious creatures."

I asked her one time how she knew the fish was a boy. She looked at me with this serious face and said "Goldfish are much more open-minded than you are."

She's 9. Talk about precocious!
Open minded as in you are making Willy and Wonka only guy names?i want to make sure I got her comment
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumperGirl117 View Post

Open minded as in you are making Willy and Wonka only guy names?i want to make sure I got her comment
Right. I'm just automatically assuming it's a boy because of the name.

Of course this is the kid who builds bomb shelters with Legos and then has her princess dolls have a tea party inside. While dinosaurs attack.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got a call from my brother last night and my lil nephew had named his fish 'Piggy-Darlin' and his new snail 'Hamburger' . I lost it rolling laughing.

He named his little puppy 'Sweet Tea' last month when they got him from the pound
Old 05-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My sister named her fish 'Sarah the cat' when she was three. My 5 year old brother came up with the names Super fish, spy fish, and dark fish (dark fish was a black moor) and my sister who is now ten named her ADFs Fredrick and harold.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CodFather View Post
I got a call from my brother last night and my lil nephew had named his fish 'Piggy-Darlin' and his new snail 'Hamburger' . I lost it rolling laughing.

He named his little puppy 'Sweet Tea' last month when they got him from the pound
hamburger???! Love it!!

Sweet Tea is adorable too

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com