Kids and fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those if you with kids, so your kids name your fish? Last night I was doing my PWC and I was moving rocks around to get poop and junk vacuumed up, and my raphael cat swam out after I moved a rock and its belly is huge! I said man that fish must eat like a pig! Not long after my 3 year old son named my raphael cat 'piggy fish'. I also have a platy that I've had since it was a fry and its pregnant now... And my son has named it super fish lol. Some of the name she comes up with crack me up. I think piggy fish is the funniest.

Nemo the betta and so at the pleco is called Om nom nom. Like the fruit roll up commercials. Yea.

One of my girlfriends has a single goldfish. Her daughter calls it Willy when she's looking at it from one side of the tank and Wonka when she's on the other side. Periodically she swaps sides. When asked about it she says "Goldfish are mysterious creatures."

I asked her one time how she knew the fish was a boy. She looked at me with this serious face and said "Goldfish are much more open-minded than you are."

She's 9. Talk about precocious! :lol:

Psjh forget get kids I have a platty that was yellow with red cheeks and I named It pikachu !

image-2146005523.jpg

Pikachu is a Pokemon... I grew up with Pokemon so it is a fitting name.

Incase you don't know what pikachu looks like

image-1973336743.jpg

One of my girlfriends has a single goldfish. Her daughter calls it Willy when she's looking at it from one side of the tank and Wonka when she's on the other side. Periodically she swaps sides. When asked about it she says "Goldfish are mysterious creatures."

I asked her one time how she knew the fish was a boy. She looked at me with this serious face and said "Goldfish are much more open-minded than you are."

She's 9. Talk about precocious! :lol:

Open minded as in you are making Willy and Wonka only guy names?i want to make sure I got her comment

Open minded as in you are making Willy and Wonka only guy names?i want to make sure I got her comment

Right. I'm just automatically assuming it's a boy because of the name.

Of course this is the kid who builds bomb shelters with Legos and then has her princess dolls have a tea party inside. While dinosaurs attack. :D

I got a call from my brother last night and my lil nephew had named his fish 'Piggy-Darlin' and his new snail 'Hamburger' . I lost it rolling laughing.

He named his little puppy 'Sweet Tea' last month when they got him from the pound

My sister named her fish 'Sarah the cat' when she was three. My 5 year old brother came up with the names Super fish, spy fish, and dark fish (dark fish was a black moor) and my sister who is now ten named her ADFs Fredrick and harold. :)

I got a call from my brother last night and my lil nephew had named his fish 'Piggy-Darlin' and his new snail 'Hamburger' . I lost it rolling laughing.

He named his little puppy 'Sweet Tea' last month when they got him from the pound

hamburger???! Love it!!

Sweet Tea is adorable too

When I was maybe 12 I named some fish Sushi, Sashimi, and Wasabi. I forget which was which, but they were in my community tank. First fish I remember naming as a kid was the betta that started my obsession - Dimitri. Name came from the animated Anastasia movie. I think I got him when I was 6. He died a year later and I was so sad that my aunt who was visiting from out of state at the time told my mom she was taking me to get a new fish for his bowl and we came back with a 10 gal instead. She knew my mom would be mad but she also knew my mom just couldn't say no to her favorite sister in law.

Back
Top Bottom