Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-28-2004, 08:58 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
That's why I asked if it opened its mouth at any time. To me it just looked like the whale wanted to play. Unless ofcourse the whole thing was staged somehow but that's just my cynical side coming out.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks for the link

The trainer himself just said the whale was probably "frisky" because of hormones. Ahhhh... to work with teenageer orcas. My cousins and I have done worse damage to each other rough-housing, the dolphin is just ALOT bigger.

I wouldn't call it an attack, I mean the guy would be dead, if it was attacking him it woulld bit him or crushed him against the side of the tank

10 gal planted FW
2 adult Silver Lyretail Mollies
1 "juvenlie" male molly
many, many baby mollies
1 small clown loach (~2-2.5", returning to LFS in august)
Old 07-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to sumphead
Regardless of the intentions of the orca (which we can only speculate), I give sincere kudos to the trainer for remaining calm and insistantly staying with and calming the animal. It shows he truely cares.

I wish I had a nickel for every miracle that you easily tricked me into. -Chris Robinson
Old 07-28-2004, 01:58 PM   #14
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
As far as the 'tiger attack in Vegas', I am assuming that you were referring to the 'attack' on Roy Horn by his stagemate, Manticore? What appears to have happened, and is strongly supported by Horn himself, is that the tiger got nervous when Horn fell, felt that Horn was in danger, and attempted to drag him offstage.....grabbing him by the 'scruff' the way a parent felid would grab a baby....but in this case, Horn's neck being considerably less resilient than a tigers....you get the picture.

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com