kittens very ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my kittens have had seizures and died
they were fine one moment the next they are haveing a seizures
we have lost about 16 kittens in total we have 1 left id like to save but no vet that dose small animals within 200 miles

dad and mom of yellow one no family connection other moms sevral generations back

all to tell they are 1 monthish
only the kittens get it the adults are fine and the 4 month old

How cold is it? Is the mom around? Do they get fed often? Could have they gotten into something? Good the mother gotten into something an now it's in the milk

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, but this is the off topic section , and should matter when a person needs help

But... consult a vet I also have a dog so I wouldn't be much help

Yes, but this is the off topic section , and should matter when a person needs help

I totally agree with we should help just pointing it out

mom is around for them all
ages of moms are
and milk is reguler milk and cat milk we try to help the moms

no vet for small animals the other vets here say put it down to everything small animal wise grrrr

no to getting into stuff

mom is around for them all
ages of moms are
and milk is reguler milk and cat milk we try to help the moms

no vet for small animals the other vets here say put it down to everything small animal wise grrrr

no to getting into stuff

Get the females spayed ASAP shelters will help you. Find a Vet also. Keep the kittens warm and buy some Catsip (kitten milk) you can purchase this online also. If the kittens are not latching on you HAVE to bottle feed them at least every 2-3 hours. The seizures were most likely due to a low blood glucose level or a toxin exposure. I'm leaning more towards the glucose level. Good luck! I'm a small animal veterinary technician and I don't care if this is a fish forum it is still a living creature.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could be a distemper outbreak. This can "live" in the ground up to 6 months and reinfect new kittens, and is similar to parvo in puppies.

Sent via the time space continuum... All hail Zoltan.

why dident the 4month old and the big cats catch it?
well im about to have the male fixed

Get them all fixed and seek out a vet for the remaining kittens. Happy Cat.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know why. Time for a vet visit to avoid further heartbreak. A lot of places offer low cost spaying these days. They are finally realizing many people can't afford $100 an animal to spay or neuter them, in addition to all the shots they need. Wishing you luck with this.

Sent via the time space continuum... All hail Zoltan.

Back
Top Bottom