Large aquarium and a pick up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am transporting a 125 gallon tank in a pick up bed. I used to just put the tanks in the back seat and set the front seat back to hold it in place. The 125 won't fit this way. I will have to put it in the truck bed. Anyone over do this. How do I keep it from getting knocked around?

CLean out truck bed very well so there's no lumps of stuff, lay 2x blankets down, set tank on top, 2x blankets on to and wrap down & around and tuck under, and then make a snug "X" across the top of the tank down to the bottom four corners of the truck bed.

Not too tight!

:D

snapcrackler is right on.

provide a soft surface to set the tank onto. Then pad the sides and top from the tiedowns your gonna use. THen go over the tank and secure them snuggly. Your not going to be driving like a manaic (i hope) with the tank in the back so your just looking for a way to keep it from shifting when you go over a bump or when your turning.

well I went and got it before I checked for replies. I just set it in the bed after shoveling the snow out. I put a LARGE pillow between the tank and the cab side of the bed. I then put a strap over the top of the tank at the rear to keep it from bouncing up. Then I put another pillow (though not as large) at the other end and slowly sqeezed the gate shut. It was rock solid. When I tied to move the tank it moved my whole truck. Thats how I know it won't move. Drove in for over an hour on side streets main roads the freeway and my plowed in driveway which is at about a 30 degree angle to the road.

will do
may be a while though. I am not sure what substrate to use yet. I also need a filter and a heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom